New - 60 BMI.

Options
Greetings all!
I'm new to here, but not new to the stupid weight loss yo-yo. Kinda tired of the ups & downs and finally decided that living was better than slow suicide.
I'm almost 42, 5'10 and currently 319 lbs. I've been as high as somewhere in the 350s but typically, for years have been at 330.
Kinda decided that, at my age, living like this is stupid.
I'm rather atypical for a 'fat chick' in that I have pretty good self esteem, am active and stay busy, but I'm not only an emotional eater, I LOVE food. I love to cook and am very good at it. I just need to make far better choices because I eat out a lot.
My first goal is to simply stop eating out, stop the sugar junkie stuff and exercise.
I've treated myself pretty bad the past 15 years and used to be quite a daredevil and adrenalin junkie. I miss that person.
I've dieted many MANY times in the past but never stick to it. I know I need to change my life, not diet. So I'm not dieting. I refuse to. It's stupid and a waste of my time.
So I'm learning to eat better, cook better and be smarter about things.
So, here's to a different life.
It's kinda scary.

Replies

• brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared :)

The MFP community is pretty cool, and quite supportive!

I love to cook, and the recipes section alone has been worth joining the forums.

Welcome :)
  • drinkthe8
    drinkthe8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    People on this site are so helpful, nice and supportive which will really come in handy while you're starting this new lifestyle. Congrats and Welcome :-)
  • ktuck0205
    ktuck0205 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Add me, if you like!

You got this!!
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome...
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add. I have 70+ pounds id like to lose myself..
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yup, change is scary. but you got this. if you want it. good plan to start simple and add things in as you grow stronger.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes for success at making the changes you wish to make!
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and thank you for sharing your story. As stated in another post, this community is quite helpful and supportive (far more so than most places online). I wish you the best in your journey.
  • theos_human
    theos_human Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting out can be super scary, but MFP is so supportive! I tried doing MFP as a solo, no-friends food diary, and I lost my motivation way too fast. Use everyone around you, we're all here for you! Feel free to add me, I have 90-100lb I want to lose, and I love seeing everyone else's progress!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP.

You're right, starting something this major is scary, but you said you used to be a daredevil and adrenalin junkie, right? Now's the time to channel that attitude. ~smiles~

You're more than welcome to friend me if you'd like.

R
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is scary at first . Trying new things and putting yourself out there. I just think of it as one more adrenaline rush. Makes you proud of yourself too when you step out of your comfort zone and rock it!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I love to cook too, and I am good at it too. That is how I got to be where I was, and also how I got to be where I am now. Since I have been on MFP, I have learned to make better choices and to cook healthier.

Best of luck to you!