HELP ME PLEASE

Options
Hi all best wishes on your fitness goals and I hope you guys are working hard. Im confused and I could use some help any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My fitness goal is to burn fat and get lean, im on a calorie deficit and have been so the past month or so. Im eating 1200 calories a day which honestly it seems a bit low, but ive always had trouble eating enough and i dont want to put my body in starvation mode. I feel as if my workouts are a waste of time because im not quite sure if im doing this the right way. I work out at least 3 days a week and Im a Skateboarder so when the weather gets a lot nicer Im definitley gonna be more active so ill know ill have a higher calorie intake since ill be burning more calories. When i go to the gym i do at least 30 min cardio and hit the weights, im 23 years old 160 pounds and around 5'7. My goal weight is around 120-130 and the thing is that like i said I skateboard so im trying to stay as lean as possible once i burn off this fat I dont want to gain a lot of muscle but im not trying to look like a stick and unhealthy. Im confused about this cut and bulk thing because i hear a lot of mix things, people say you cant bulk while on a deficit because there is not surplus of calories to go to the muscle and then i hear the opposite so im mixed up with these "experts" saying two different things about it. I've been reading watching a lot of different things about fitness and trying to find out what works best. Not to mention when trying to find out accurate calculations i get a lot of mixed up numbers that are different on certain calculators and what not. My BMR is 1681 and TDEE is 2311, maybe im just confusing myself and actually doing fine Im not sure maybe im doing it completley wrong

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It would be easier to answer all of your questions if you used paragraphs.

1200 is generally considered the least that a smallish woman should eat on a regular basis without medical supervision. You seem to be a man. In addition to any health risks, this will mean that your workouts will be difficult to keep up with. If you are over roughly 5', whether or not you can build muscle in a deficit is irrelevant, as you likely aren't even getting the nutrients to maintain what you have.

At 5'7 and male, you will likely look like a stick at 120, especially if you get there by starving yourself. Don't be afraid of muscles, they help you move better!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Just putting this out there for perspective, I'm a female and am also 5'7 and 23 years old. I weigh about 130lbs.

Are you sure that you want to weigh 120lbs? I'd really urge you to reconsider your goals.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Hello, Dwolfman90,

Dwolfman90, I had the same exact issue and I completely understand your situation. My friend recently introduced to me a method that you could easily lose weight that could be found in http://www.liquiddietplan.org. I honestly thought it was a scam, but it actually works. With this method you don’t got to drastically change your life. You just need to add particular foods into your daily meal courses. Those key foods will cleanse your body toxins, which will stop the rises in your sugar levels and acquire eliminate your water retention. Give it a shot! Lost 20 pounds with this method recently.

-Nutrafit101

Complete nonsense and against the Community Guidelines.
  • nutrafit101
    Options
    Hello, Dwolfman90,

Dwolfman90, I had the same exact issue and I completely understand your situation. My friend recently introduced to me a method that you could easily lose weight that could be found in http://www.liquiddietplan.org. I honestly thought it was a scam, but it actually works. With this method you don’t got to drastically change your life. You just need to add particular foods into your daily meal courses. Those key foods will cleanse your body toxins, which will stop the rises in your sugar levels and acquire eliminate your water retention. Give it a shot! Lost 20 pounds with this method recently.

-Nutrafit101

I'm here to share my success. Relax.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Hello, Dwolfman90,

-Nutrafit101

I'm here to share my success. Relax.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
  • nutrafit101
    Options
    I'm not advertising or self promoting.. I'm sharing a personal method that worked for me. I've removed the link. Relax.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Hello, Dwolfman90,

-Nutrafit101

No. Just NO.

First, there are no body toxins. If you say there are I'm going to challenge you to name ONE. Just one. Yeah don't bother, you can't.
    Second, this IS against the guidelines and I have reported it.

Now more importantly to the OP.
    First, DON'T listen to the poster pimping that website.
    Second, it's all about moderation NOT deprivation.

Here are a couple links for you, also, read the guide to sexy pants one another poster put up. Well worth it.

Read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+sweet+<span class=

And most definitely read this!!!
    http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/#comment-10883
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I'm not advertising or self promoting.. I'm sharing a personal method that worked for me. I've removed the link. Relax.

Why don't you tell us about your personal experience then. How long have you been on a liquid diet, how much weight have you lost, and how long have you maintained since?
  • dwolfman90
    Options
    Thank you very much for the help I will definitley do what you said
  • dwolfman90
    Options
    THANK YOU so much and congrats on your fitness success