Christmas Goal (non-weight)

Options
I know many of us are worried about weight and being "skinny" etc. I have come to a realization that I should learn to love my body in more than just terms of pounds. Therefore I am giving myself a new Christmas Goal, not related to weight at all.

By Christmas I will look amazing in my new cocktail dress (or that cute BEBE dress I've been wanting). Regardless of the size or my weight that day, I will have toned my stomach down to the point that I can turn sideways and NOT have to suck in the baby pouch. I will take a before picture this weekend, and Christmas day I will take the final product picture!

Anyone else have a non weight goal for Christmas?

Replies

• Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    My Christmas goal is to NOT kill any of my extended family. :ohwell:
  • mamaisis09
    Options

:) LOVE this goal. I know its weird for me to "LOVE" it, but I understand the sentiment;)
  • catgoodey
    Options
    i love the idea of having a goal that isn't a number of pounds lost but about how you feel in your dress. i've promised myself a new outfit for new year if i'm under 130 lbs by xmas day but i'm struggling because of my daughter's birthday party and it's only a week to my first of 4 xmas meals out! if i put on 2lb because of birthday cake, then what will happen when i hit the wine and the 3 course dinners. i'm taking your goal as inspiration and if i can still do up my jeans by xmas then i'll get that new outfit anyway. compared to xmas last year i'm down by at least 1 stone so i can always tell myself that too.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Mine is to get along with my mom because it could be one of the last times I get to spend time with her before I move abroad.

Also my goal is to exercise at least 7 out of the nine days I am in my hometown, it gets so boring there that I need something to keep me sane!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!! I actually set a goal of under 195lbs by Christmas. I have a little over a pound to go but I hit plateaus a lot! So I have a dress that I look ok in but would love to look great in by Christmas. I have two before pics on my profile. I will do the same and put on the dress on Christmas eve and take pics. HERE WE GO!!!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options

*like* they really need a like button :)
  • natsjh
    natsjh Posts: 14
    Options
    This is a fab idea!! My goal is not to laugh at my aunt too much when she tries to play the hula hoop game on the Wii - although its the funniest thing ever!!
    I'm not going to count calories from xmas eve to boxing day, although will still do my best to eat in moderation - If we are good until then, surley we deserve a couple of days without worrying how many calories we are up to!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This is a fab idea!! My goal is not to laugh at my aunt too much when she tries to play the hula hoop game on the Wii - although its the funniest thing ever!!
    I'm not going to count calories from xmas eve to boxing day, although will still do my best to eat in moderation - If we are good until then, surley we deserve a couple of days without worrying how many calories we are up to!
    its weird i like to count my calories is that wierd idk? i like am so suprised what has what in it.. weird
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I like seeing all of these non weight yet healthy goals!!! Keep them coming!
  • natsjh
    natsjh Posts: 14
    Options
    haha no not weird - I'm just not doing it as it will scare me how many calories are in the food I love... mind you if I do count it might stop me from eating too much!
    I love peanuts and they are sooo full of calories for such a tiny little thing.. now thats weird! lol
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    So I finally put my pics up... my bikini (for February anniversary trip to Hawaii) and Christmas dress "before" pics... Wish me luck!