Pho Calorie Dilema!

Options
I love going out to eat Pho but I have heard mixed reactions about, just how healthy it really is. Does anyone know an accurate calorie count for fried tofu pho?? I would be so appreciative. Thanks friends!

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Pho is awesome. It also varies radically in terms of portion size and calories. I find it impossible to estimate with any degree of confidence and good luck getting a local joint or chef to share the recipe / prep. Estimate as best you can; recognize you're guestimating; enjoy awesome Pho.
  • josstuff
    josstuff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pho is VERY HIGH in sodium, its really salty stuff. Getting past that, it contains tons of carbs due to the white rice noodles which adds to higher calories. Depending on what kind of broth the pho place is using, it can be really fatty beefy broth which will have tons of fats and oils. I would wager that a small bowl of rare steak Pho is around 400-600 cals. Stay away from the fatty meat phos, and stick to the flank steak and chicken pho. If you want to stay low sodium, try not to drink very much broth. Add tons of veggies, fill up on that.