Any runners ??

Options
Hi there, Im new but not new to MFP and to running. In June 2012 I joined MFP and had a very successful time in losing 35 pounds and becoming active and began running. I ran 2 5k's in 2013 but still can not run one straight thru without having to stop and walk here or there. I left MFP as I was letting it consume my life with tracking and posting and thought I could do it on my own, which I didnt do too bad, continued to run and gained back less then 5 lbs. My goals for 2014 are to lose these last pesky 15 lbs to reach my goal weight set in 2012 , to push myself out of my comfort zone and run a 10K. I am currently now retraining with runkeeper app to learn to run a 5K without stopping ( i am registered for a 5K May 4th ) and then to continue straight into 10k training, I am registered for a 10k Sept 27th.

I could certainly use some friendships and motivation and occasionally a virtual smack in the *kitten* as I reach for my goals this year, Please feel free to add me as I begin this journey ( again )

Sandi

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tons of runners on here, sounds like some fun goals! Friend me if you want
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. There are a lot of great runner MFPs on here. You are welcome to friend me if you like.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I reserve the right to call myself a runner even though it's a struggle sometimes to finish 2 mi. in 18 min. I don't believe in the "real runner" B.S. If a person can run to the mailbox and wants to be part of the club, they're alright with me.
  • jillg89
    jillg89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I signed up for my first HALF marathon in June. I've run 5K's and 8K's and last summer finished a 10K.......I'm ready for this next challenge. My method is run/walking... it works and as long as you finish and have fun, it's worth it. I started training last week with the Hal Higdon schedule. Feel free to add me, we can encourage eachother. Jill
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, feel free to add me. I have done some 5k's and like you haven't been able to run one.

But I ran a 5 miler not to long ago and plan on running a 10 mile race in 3 weeks. As well as I signed up for a half in April =)
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to check my profile and add me if you like! ^_^

I love running, and have done it for a while for pleasure. I am new to 'training' and running competitively, though. I have a 5K in March, a 10K in June, and a half marathon scheduled for October!
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm back from a MFP hiatus, and I consider myself a runner... I have a goal to run my first half marathon this fall! I began running last March...and haven't stopped! It's cheaper then therapy, unless of course I keep buying all the tech clothing! :)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would like to become a runner...
    I have only ever done the Run for the Cure years n years ago.
    But would like to become a daily runner, anyone else like that add me :)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Running is great! Training for my fifth half marathon right now. And with the weight I've lost and the things I've learned here, shooting to beat my personal best!
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think I could maybe be classed as a runner now. I have gone from C25K in September last year to training for a HM next month and have just run my longest run ever (12 miles) in preparation.

I am not quick but anyone feel free to add me, could do with some running friends
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. A fair few runners on here and I've had lots of support since I started. I started running when I joined MFP as I needed more exercise.

I'm doing a few 10Ks this year, so good luck with yours.

Please feel free to add me.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a runner, and as the others have said, there are a ton of us.

You've got some great goals.

Add me if you want motivation on food running or whatever.

good luck either way.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Another runner here :) Only been running a year but I've done a few races including a Half Marathon. Looking into ultra running once i get more hours to train for one.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am at 10 miles right now and working up to my first full marathon next January. After gaining a bunch of weight with my 4 month old, my pace is really slow for me. I'm averaging between 11 and 12 minutes per mile depending on how far I am running. The awesome thing about running is all you need to do to be a runner in my book is get out and run. It could be a block or it could be 50 miles. I don't care. We are all out there trying to get better at what we do or at least maintain a level of health and fitness and why no support each other while we're at it?!?
  • MissClara90
    Options
    Hi, I am a runner to, i started ruining for o month and a half one hour in the morning .
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    <
    runs
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hey all feel free to add. i am a runner also. I used to be in that boat of not being able to complete the 5k running...now i run that on most days..ive done 3 halfs and the fartherest ive been able to go is 11 miles nonstop. April is my next one and im on track to finishing that running and with a PR!
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    I am a runner. I completed 5 and 10ks but I am a run walk runner this is more due to laziness than actually being tired or unfit haha

I am completing a 10k scorpion run assault course in March!

Feel free to add me!
  • Mewcenary
    Mewcenary Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I run. I'm a football / soccer referee so running forms part of that, and is obviously a large part of my training.

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used to be a runner many years ago, and I'm trying to get back to where I can run 5K's again.