tiger stripped pumpkins

Options
newman84
newman84 Posts: 234 Member
well i bought some for decoration and i'm wondering if they would taste good as pumpkin pie.
I know they're edable but would they taste good?
i'm thinking i might try to use them to make something.
Just curious if anyone had tried them in any thing.

Replies

• sapphireeyze
    Options
    I love almost all squashes and pumpkins. I have never heard off a tiger stripped pumpkin but I'll bet it would be fabulous with some cinnamon or pimkin pie spice and maybe a little honey :) I would roast the seeds to and put them on salads or have a handfull as a snack :)

let me know how it works out

Leslie
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Alton Brown did an episode on true pumpkin pies recently that was really cool. He hollowed out the pumpkin & cooked everything inside it. It was so neat. Check out the Food Network website to see if you can find it. Everyone will be so impressed.
  • fitfoodbyjessi
    fitfoodbyjessi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got some for decoration too and decided to cook one to see what it was like. They are really hard to cut so I figured in order to reduce the cooking time I'd cut it into fourths. So I wrapped each one in foil with a few slices of onion, a tsp of butter, some cayenne pepper, garlic and allspice and baked it on 350 for almost an hour. When they came out even the skin was soft and edible. They are very similar to spaghetti squash though and maybe a cross between that and an acorn squash; oddly enough. Very good though :) I was trying to look up the calorie count, but I'd imagine it's closer to squash than pumpkin.