Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is 30 day shred enough exercise?

Or should I be doing more?

Replies

• I honestly think it's enough. It has different levels of intensity so once it becomes easier to do advance to the next level. Happy shredding!
  • Jillian Michaels recommends that you take rest days from exercise but she also recommends that you do cardio every week, ie something like running, swimming, cycling etc. So a good plan would probably be three days of 30 day shred a week and two cardio sessions. That leaves you with two rest days, which are essential.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    I only did 30DS last year, and during that period was when I was dropping most of my weight at the fastest rate. I don't think you need to do more if you're doing 30DS consistently. I did 10 days of each level almost without a break. I suppose it depends on what your goals are. Mine were (and are) to drop fat and tone up. 30DS was perfect for that, and I was able to fit it into my daily life. Once I was done with 30DS I moved onto other Jillian programmes like Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred, Yoga Meltdown, and Body Revolution.

Perhaps do the 30 days and see where you are then. Definitely measure yourself before you begin and after you complete it; you'll be amazed how much your body will change!
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    I should also mention that Jillian recommends taking rest day(s) each week, as someone already pointed out. I didn't because of how exercising was making me feel, and at the time it was helping me cope with some other health problems. I've recently restarted 30DS, and I'm taking strength/30DS rest days by integrating some running to get the benefits of daily activity.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I did two rounds of 30DS...first time I took 3 days off...I lost 9inches and saw myself greatly improved on strength.

The 2nd round I did it 5 days a week until I could consistently do the exercises non modified.

For me this was a good start.

But it wasn't enough. I moved onto a heavy lifting program after the 2nd round.

Now my sister moved onto Ripped in 30 and Extreme shed and shred which she loves.

It all depends on what your goals are.

I like being strong, slim and lean with visible muscle...my sister likes being lean with visible muscle...
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    I did this last year with amazing results. I felt able to do it daily and so I did, mixing up the times as to when I would work out also. For example, I would do it at 8am on a Saturday and on Sunday I'd do it at 8pm whilst in the week doing it somewhere between mid afternoon to early evening.
    For me, it was enough. I didn't even try anything else. The reason being was because I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to complete 30DS the next day.
    I'm 5'8" and when I started I weighed 200lb. After 30 days I weighed in at 181lb, so naturally I was thrilled! I'm currently doing 6 week 6 pack, which is predominantly strength based, so I add in half an hour of cardio, which is an all over body work out, and is, what I believe, to be a platform for between 30DS and Ripped in 30.
    ~TCG~
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    I guess it depends a lot on your goal.

I try to do it at least 5 days a week, and then on days when I have time I add in 20 minutes or so on the treadmill afterwards. Sometimes I just feel like I need that extra cardio. It is a great quick workout, so if that is all you have time for some days...go for it!! :smile: