Holiday tips

Options
by Jan McBarron MD, ND (Natural Remedy News)

While during the Holiday Season weight loss seems out of the question, weight gain is not inevitable. Here are a few easy-to-do Holiday weight loss tips to help keep you on track:

1. Be aware, the day after a Holiday, you’ll be extra hungry. Excess calories and sugar stimulates appetite for up to 24 hours. Be aware of this phenomenon and you will be better able to stay in control.

2. Holiday alcohol. Alcohol stimulates the appetite, causes loss of inhibition and willpower, and all of alcohol calories turn into fat really fast. Be careful. In order of lowest to highest danger: spritzers – wine – light beer – beer – hard drinks (whiskey, scotch, etc.) – drinks with liquor and cream – EGG NOG !

3. Pick your favorite Holiday food. Eat it once during the season. Plan the day you’ll eat it, (January 1st is best so that you will have it to look forward to all season). E.g. Chocolate cake, Pumpkin Pie, Red Velvat Cake,etc.

4. Always leave food on your plate. We overeat during the Holidays because we have a greater quantity and variety of foods available. Be careful; the greater your variety of foods, the more we eat, so therefore, always leave food behind.

5.Treat every day separately throughout the Holidays. If one day you stray from your plan of not overeating, get back on track immediately. Never say “I blew it, I’ll start tomorrow on January 1st.

http://dukeandthedoctor.com/2010/11/5-easy-holiday-weight-loss-tips/

Replies

• njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wonder if I can stay below 1500 cals on turkey day? Ha just kidding
  • Tya4
    Tya4 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thansk for the tips because holidays are mmy biggest challange!! Im new to this just joined yesterday! UGH! :happy:
  • Tya4
    Tya4 Posts: 2
    Options
    wonder if I can stay below 1500 cals on turkey day? Ha just kidding

totally!! =)
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Great tips, I plan to use a smaller plate on Thanksgiving than I usually use. I think that might help me.