What time should I be weighing in?

Options
My weight fluctuates throughout the day up to as much as a pound! When should I be weighing in? At the end of the day? Or the start? Right in the middle? I'm so confused!

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning, if possible after pooping. That's when there's no food or poop in your body that puts the scale higher than your actual body weight.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning.

Get out of bed, use the bathroom and then weigh myself naked.
  • pmuise1991
    Options
    ^^^ Same as labtech666
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning on a Saturday when I get up
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Same here. I wake up, use the bathroom, wash my face, then get on the scale if I'm weighing myself that day. The only difference is, I keep my clothes on... :noway:

:laugh:
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after using the bathroom. Although I usually weigh myself each morning, I only record it on Friday.
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's up to you what day is best, but for me that is Saturday morning. Wear minimal clothing, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before eating anything. Also don't weigh yourself more than once a week, unless you want to make yourself crazy with fluctuations that happen all the time due to water retention.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after going to the loo. It's the most constant, you have been some hours with no food or drink, whereas during the rest of the day, what you have eat or drunk messes with your weight. 600ml water weighs 600g, whether it is in you or in a bottle. The density and weight of your breakfast can skew the scale. And don't weigh at any other time, you will just drive yourself nuts.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Yep. This is the only way you can really weigh yourself in comparable conditions.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

This.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, as long as it's at the same time of day each day, and under the same conditions, e.g. wearing the same/no clothes.

But I weight first thing in the morning, on a weekday, after my ablutions and always naked.
  • xtaljd
    xtaljd Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. First thing in the morning, after using the bathroom.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options

^
    Me too.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    First thing in morning. I weigh daily, and probably will the rest of my life. I don't sweat the daily fluctuations, but keep an eye on longer term trends..
  • Hansonian
    Hansonian Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much! I will definitely start weighing myself in the AM from now on! :)
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Yep. This is the only way you can really weigh yourself in comparable conditions.

Yes. This is the most accurate way of weighing in.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh multiple times a day, that seems a bit obsessive and is not a healthy thing to do.
    I go first thing in the morning, after toilet, and I use the site trendweight to eliminate the fluctuations.