Pregnant and gained way too much weight already

Options
I'm about 25 weeks pregnant and fell into the "I'm pregnant and I can eat whatever I want" mode (on top of the Halloween candy binges and Holiday feasts) and have gained 27 pounds already. My doctor wants me to slow down the weight gain to about 2-3 pounds a month so I'm back on here to track my food to keep me in check and to remind myself to stop with the processed food junk and eat real food.

I'm not new to weight loss, and I've been on this site for quite a while already (although I quit logging for about a year), so I know pretty much what I should/shouldn't be eating and I need to start walking every day again for exercise, but I'm looking for some new friends to help keep me motivated and it would be even more awesome to find some fellow pregnant ladies to connect with.

I'm about 5'1"-5"-2", 28 years old, live in Washington State, and work full time at a desk job.

I'm really just looking for anyone that is friendly, pregnant or not :P Anyone want a new friend?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 weeks pregnant! Feel free to friend me and we can chat!
  • muscati
    muscati Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and also pregnant. I'm 24 weeks and I could of wrote ur post. Went to dr two days ago n he said to slow down if not maintain my weight!!!! Lol

I'm here to help me control by logging.

Add me, we have a lot in common
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sent you both requests - thank you :) I was worried nobody wants to add the pregnant lady since I'm working on maintaining/slow gaining rather than losing.
  • jillianmurdoch
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 25 weeks pregnant. I'm starting some new habits next week after our vacation ends, so i'll be tracking again too.
  • Donica_Marie
    Donica_Marie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me , just found out i'm pregnant. Im already over weight as it is and dont really want to gain alot during this pregnancy :)
  • Lizzyl07
    Lizzyl07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could have definitely written this post, myself. I'm only 15wks4d, but have gained more than I want, so far. So I joined MFP yesterday, to help keep me honest. Feel free to friend me.
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. Found out yesterday I'm pregnant. Was working on weight loss but still overweight. Last pregnancy I put on 35 lbs. Which I guess isn't horrible but I was starting out a lot lighter. Just want to keep it in check and stay healthy. Add me if you're interested :)
  • MrsCoachKelly
    Options
    I'm only 5 weeks along, but have been struggling the past year with my weight already. Nervous about my weight really going crazy during the next 9 months, I want to have a healthy and fit pregnancy and would love some support as well!
  • j_masher
    j_masher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had lost weight (25lbs+) and was in a holding pattern on here at average weight. I began fertility treatments in August and have gained every bit of that weight back. Much was hormones that I was on preparing for pregnancy and then being told to stop my 90 min a day zumba workouts. I also ate to avoid morning sickness and ate junk if it could get me through the day. lol I started logging again because my ob said to watch it for now on. I am just trying to eat as healthy as I can as I am also Celiac. I am 12 weeks with twins.
  • seddesign
    seddesign Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I am 11 weeks today and thanks to food aversions and nausea I have had a hard time sticking to healthier options. This is my second child and I am not new to feeling lousy but it does take a toll. I gained 35lbs with my first and lost all my pregnancy weight by about 6 months. I am a firm believer in tracking on MFP but I am certainly not above indulging in the pregnancy cravings (donut , anyone?). So at this rate, I have put on about 15lbs and want to slow things down to only gain a healthy amount of weight. So, I am right there with you!