Laziness

Options
Did you stay at home today, just because it is snowing outside? You can call it snow laziness.

Replies

• christopherphillips1983
    Options
    Does it count if I stayed home today and it didn't snow here?
  • rsum77
    rsum77 Posts: 30
    Options
    It's snowing now. But going to work. Buffalo has been hit hard with the snow and cold this year. It's making me so so lazy and tired. I don't want to excerise.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I stayed at home today because I didn't get out of bed until 12 hours later after I'd gone to bed.
    Didn't go to the gym for that very same reason.. However, today's goal is insane, to make up for yesterday.
    I'm going to be sore, but that's okay.. If I'm not hurting, I'm not doing it right.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Did you stay at home today, just because it is snowing outside?

Snow in February would signal the apocalypse.

I did stay at home on the weekend because it was 38C.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    really???

I read NY is getting 5inches??? that's nothing...

Now I do live in Canada but close to Maine...the only way snow is gonna stop me is if it's over 18-24inches..that's what 4x4 are made for...
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gales, wind, rain and flooding.

I went out and was chilled to my bones, made worse because i came back from the gym and was hot.

I want some snow and crisp cold sunny days.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Did you stay at home today, just because it is snowing outside? You can call it snow laziness.

Nah, no snow today, but it is below zero again, for like the bazillionth time this year. But only -3, so didn't seem so bad. -15 tonight with -30 wind chill again. Same old, same old, at this point.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    lol.

Gym at the same time as usual.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I went.
    Was a little later than normal - like 5-10 min.
    Pretty empty.

Forgot my shovel at home but two guys from the paving company who share a lot with my gym shoveled me out. And then pushed me out since I have FWD.

Im originally from NH and went to school in VT and now live in CT. So snow is NBD
  • magicalamanda
    magicalamanda Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are better than I am. I live in the south, and it doesn't really snow here. Sometimes I just don't feel like going..... no reason. BUT I am from Michigan... talk about *kitten* loads of snow. Lake effect is grand. I went home for christmas and got a couple of feet, not to mention the highways closed because of ice. Thank god I moved to South Carolina.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I can't see the building across the street, and the drive in was pretty awful (especially since I don't have snow tires - I know!). But I'm here at the office anyway. Gotta bill those hours.
  • koos22
    koos22 Posts: 22
    Options
    My gym was closed! Only found out as I was pulling up to go in. Was kind of excited to go yesterday, too..
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Um no sorry not allowed - I had to work a night shift in a snow storm and had to wait at 0600 hrs for the snow plow to clear the road to my work before I could leave then I had to wait for 1 1/2 hrs for the snow to be cleared to my street so I could actually make it home :huh:
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'd love to stay home but have a class to go to today, lots of schools are canceled but sadly not university. It's snowing pretty heavily, but that's to be expected this time of year in Canada. I have to walk to school in it, though :(. Could be worse, I'm in at least I'm in southern Ontario, feels like -15 c, so it's not as cold as it has been. I'm sure most of Canada has it worse right now. Still, I just want to snuggle up with tea and watch movies all day...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    There's only a couple inches of snow. I'm a wuss so my husband drove me to work...however, I don't really see why schools are closed. We've had much worse and school was in session.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    There's only a couple inches of snow. I'm a wuss so my husband drove me to work...however, I don't really see why schools are closed. We've had much worse and school was in session.

So true, I find schools often get canceled when it's not that bad out, then when it's awful, they're still open. Now, when it was -40 out all schools, even university and colleges were closed, which is fair because no way I was going out in that.
    I think here at least, some roads are also closed off so that could be why too. Mostly it's schools outside the cities that are canceled today.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    It's epically windy where I live, and it's been on-off pissing it down all day.

It's so windy it's sent my bin, which is pushed up against the garden wall, over it and moved my satellite dish out of alignment so my living room TV no longer works.

First world problems, I s'pose. The only one who has really suffered is my dog. She's a Jack Russell sized smooch and found it fairly difficult to walk in the high winds without being strung up by her lead or pulled halfway across the path.

I have a gym room, though. Yay.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    In California there is no snow (or rain). We need it so bad! If it was snowing, I would go out and dance in it! :happy:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I love snow laziness!! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    We've had so much snow this winter that we're almost out of salt and they're only focusing on a few roads. Going out today is not happening unless I'm sure the hills I have to navigate are clear.