Good Morning!

Options
Hello, I am starting this "journal" today to help me track what I actually stuff into my face and to see if I can loose about ten pounds. I have always loved to be active...running, dancing, etc. but recently, I realized that even though I've been running more, about 20-25 miles each week, and this summer I have been lifting weights several times a week, my body isn't changing the way I want it too. I want a body that I feel confident in...especially on the beach, or naked. Right now I have belly fat that won't go away, so I have decided that I have to get really serious about my diet. I love to cook and eat, and a lot of social time is spent cooking and eating, so I think portion control is going to be my biggest change. I also need to stop eating late at night, like the one in the morning ice cream etc. I guess subconsciously I thought that if no one could see me the calories don't really count. How stupid am I...maybe just denial. Anyways...I look forward to getting support from this group and I hope that I reach my target belly by October.

Replies

• bradyrochford
    Options
    Hello, I am starting this "journal" today to help me track what I actually stuff into my face and to see if I can loose about ten pounds. I have always loved to be active...running, dancing, etc. but recently, I realized that even though I've been running more, about 20-25 miles each week, and this summer I have been lifting weights several times a week, my body isn't changing the way I want it too. I want a body that I feel confident in...especially on the beach, or naked. Right now I have belly fat that won't go away, so I have decided that I have to get really serious about my diet. I love to cook and eat, and a lot of social time is spent cooking and eating, so I think portion control is going to be my biggest change. I also need to stop eating late at night, like the one in the morning ice cream etc. I guess subconsciously I thought that if no one could see me the calories don't really count. How stupid am I...maybe just denial. Anyways...I look forward to getting support from this group and I hope that I reach my target belly by October.
  • aemfitness
    Options
    Denial is the devil... I do it myself too... I'm trying to lose 15 pounds by December.... (getting married in Hawaii)...

I'm at 145lbs now. I'm trying to do cardio 5 times per day and eat smaller meals. I have breakfast around 8, a snack around 10, lunch around 12:30, another snack around 3:00 and then dinner around 6. I just started, so we'll see how it goes... That belly fat is the worst... I can't seem to get rid of it...

What kind of other exerices do you do except running? I work full time so I only get to go to the gym in the morning...

Here's my routine as of now:
    - Mon - Run/Walk 3 miles & Lower Body & Abs strength training
    - Tues - Elliptical 3 miles & Upper Body strength trianing
    - Wed - Run/Walk 3 miles & Lower Body & Abs strength training
    - Thrs - Elliptical 3 miles & Upper Body strength trianing
    - Fri - Run/Walk 3 miles & Lower Body & Abs strength training
    - Sat - REST
    - Sun - REST

What do you think? Should I change anything?