HOW DO YOU GUYS KEEP MOTIVATED?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• ahomsi1
    Options
    You may find this silly, but what really keeps me motivated are the comical book superheroes and Anime shows that I love to read and watch. Think with me here, you see all these super heroes like Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Ironman, whatever, what is it that they have in common? They are ALL fit, healthy, and look good. Yes they may be just cartoons, but the actors in the movies even get trained to fit their role. Like Sylvester Stalone, Brad Pitt(look at those abs in fight club movie), Ryan Reynolds, or any other really fit celebrity(The Rock!). Now I ask you...are they better? Better as in, if they can do it, then why can't I.

Another HUGE motivation which tops the above paragraph, and I think people will agree with me here, is the huge drive you get when you start seeing results. It just motivates you more.

And remember, nobody is motivated all the time 100%. it wavers here and there, but the point is you need to have a can do it attitude, commitment, and especially discipline. Its not easy and not everyone can do it, but that is what will make it all the more sweeter when you achieve what is rarely achieved globally. Hope I didn't bore you too much, and I apologize if this was poorly written its 250am and I need to sleep :)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I get up and do it in the morning, is going to be dark no matter what side of work I excersize on, so I'd rather get it over and done with than go all day knowing I've got to get it done.
    I alternate between a run and dvds at home...and its worth it for the smug self satisfied feeling I get whilst having a cuppa when it's finished.
  • kelsmcdowall
    Options
    Looking at celebs weight loss in magazines! Cutting them out and sticking them to my treadmill :laugh:
  • DeanR88
    DeanR88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking through the MFP forums whenever I get a spare minute usually keeps me motivated. You guys are awesome!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't need motivated...I love what I do...it's not work...it's fun...well except maybe the HIIT I do 2x a week but it's only for 15mns so..

The eating part...eh I eat what I want...within my goals...

This is my key...and often others...find "exercise" you like or love you will want to do it...

Don't restrict your foods that is such a downer...I mean who could expect a woman to go without chocolate for any length of time..I mean really...craziness...
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I get a "schedule" in my head and try to stick with it like I "have" to. Monday - Yoga (couldn't do it this week because I had to work till 7:00 p.m. and that what time the class starts). I have a yoga dvd at home, but I was tired and cranky (hungry) so I failed :sad:
    Tuesday - treadmill
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - gym (strenght training and cardio)
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - treadmill
    Sunday - walking with dogs/grandkids/husband

Next week - I'll get the Yoga class in! Good luck to ya! You can do anything you set your mind to. :flowerforyou:
  • catylina71
    Options
    I look at it not as a "diet" but as a new hobby. I read everything i can find about weight loss and healthy eating and cooking on the internet and magazines. i stay away from the "quick fix" weight loss plans. in my opinion slow and steady is the way to go. i also LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. and since i did not cook healthy before, this is a whole new thing for me to dive into. learning to cook healthy. my whole family benefits from it. not just me.