100 pushups-who's with me??

Options
Hey guys, sorry I have a slacker. I am going to start the 100 pushups routine on Monday (its a Mon, Wed, Fri workout). Anyone want to do it along with me? Friend me or whatever and lets keep each other going, may lead to setting and reaching bigger goals! Guys and girls, let's go! Thanks

Replies

• CBurgos1028
    CBurgos1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Bring it on :)
  • Charlinia
    Options
    Let's do it!
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wish -- I can't even do 1 :(
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I would, I'm always up for a challenge, but it looks like it would severely cut down the push-ups I already do. Good luck to you though, push-ups are a stellar upper body and core workout.

Rigger
  • karri82
    karri82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wish I could i can only do half a push up :-) I can do it the girly way though lol
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wish I could i can only do half a push up :-) I can do it the girly way though lol

Ugh! I can't even do a modified push-up. I can do them on the wall, though! lol
  • COliver416
    COliver416 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started this last week. I do one hundred push-ups a day in all different forms. Standard, elevated, diamond push-ups, oblique-push-ups, butterfly push-ups, close push-ups, leg-raised push-ups (ten on each leg), arms up push-ups (put your chest to ground, lift your arms and legs, then put your body into push-up position and push up from the floor)... this way I can work the muscles constantly in different ways, well building the foundation for flexibility.

When I started, I could do 7 push-ups in perfect form. Now, I'm up to 20. My hope is by April to be able to do 50 push-ups in a row without stopping.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

OK Dami, why the LOL??

Seriously! A wall push up IS a push up. I was there, probably back there again now and will start there today when I do my first set.

In PT I started just a foot away from the wall, standing straight up. Each time I went back (3-5 x week) the therapist had me move back a bit more, or widen my hands. I was amazed at how well it worked!

Thank goodness I healed, and have been released to do reasonable exercise. Meaning I still must modify and be smart, but can work my way down to full our if I can/want to.

Please don't put aside doing those wall push ups! They were the beginning of my 40 pound weight loss.

Good luck!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been training for few months, can do about 45 so far. Maybe could squeeze out 60 if I rest a couple seconds in a push up rest position with butt slightly up. My goal is to be able to do at least 80 within 2 minutes. But man I'm been stuck on 60 for weeks and don't seem to move forward. :/
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and looking forward to this. Anyone else who wants to friend me to help keep each other accountable would be welcome! Just put something about the push up challenge in the subject....
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I have a slacker. I am going to start the 100 pushups routine on Monday (its a Mon, Wed, Fri workout). Anyone want to do it along with me? Friend me or whatever and lets keep each other going, may lead to setting and reaching bigger goals! Guys and girls, let's go! Thanks

Is there any benefit from doing a 100 push ups? always thought volume isn't the best way to go from what i have heard

same as with crunches from what i have read
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

OK Dami, why the LOL??

Seriously! A wall push up IS a push up. I was there, probably back there again now and will start there today when I do my first set.

In PT I started just a foot away from the wall, standing straight up. Each time I went back (3-5 x week) the therapist had me move back a bit more, or widen my hands. I was amazed at how well it worked!

Thank goodness I healed, and have been released to do reasonable exercise. Meaning I still must modify and be smart, but can work my way down to full our if I can/want to.

Please don't put aside doing those wall push ups! They were the beginning of my 40 pound weight loss.

Good luck!

I lol because I find it helps me to keep in good spirits when I realize just how far I have to go. :) I do them because they do work my body. I do them because they will help me. I lol because it's better to laugh about my state of being than to get upset that I've let myself get so far off track. I never said i was going to put them aside or not do them, they just amuse me because I used to be able to knock out full push-ups like nothing. ^_^
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

OK Dami, why the LOL??

Good luck!

I lol because I find it helps me to keep in good spirits when I realize just how far I have to go. :) I do them because they do work my body. I do them because they will help me. I lol because it's better to laugh about my state of being than to get upset that I've let myself get so far off track. I never said i was going to put them aside or not do them, they just amuse me because I used to be able to knock out full push-ups like nothing. ^_^

OH GREAT!!!!! You do them !! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! My wall push ups were key in how far I have come. It started a 'can do' attitude in me. I am so happy to see you already have it! I could learn much from you:drinker:
  • DamianaKitten
    Options

OK Dami, why the LOL??

Good luck!

OH GREAT!!!!! You do them !! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! My wall push ups were key in how far I have come. It started a 'can do' attitude in me. I am so happy to see you already have it! I could learn much from you:drinker:

Of course I do them, silly! :D I can't get to the stage of doing full push-ups if I don't start somewhere. I've never understood the attitude of "well, I can't do that, so I'm not going to do anything at all." I've been posting a lot to FB about my journey, and my key to everything is "do what you can within your comfort level." Gotta start somewhere. ^_^

My lower body is burned out today, so once my hubby gets home I'll do as many as I can- I like to have someone around to confirm that I'm actually using good form. :)
  • toddabrown
    Options
    What is the goal? 100/week, 100/day, or 100 without stopping?
  • champcpa
    Options
    100 without stopping
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    100 without stopping

Are you following the 100 push up challenge program...or is it just how you feel?!
  • toddabrown
    Options
    I am giving it a go. I started Monday, could do about 20 at a time so I did 5 sets of 20 to start out. Planning on doing another 5 sets today & again on Friday, then I'll try and work up each week until I can do 100 without stopping. Is this a good strategy, or is there any other advice on how to go about achieving this goal that anyone would like to share?
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    forgive me if i'm missing the point. sorry mate, but what's the point?
  • DamianaKitten
    Options
    forgive me if i'm missing the point. sorry mate, but what's the point?

If I had to guess, it's the same with any challenge- 'cause goals are motivating.

At it stands, I did 46 in 2 minutes on the bar outside.