SNOW DAY!!!

Options
Lobster_Lover
Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
I got "the call" this morning. My first snow day since high school. I work for a bank and didn't expect to get the call to stay home.

SO, who else has been surprised with a snow day and what's your plans for the day? I enjoyed cooking breakfast instead of my normal Greek Yogurt and Banana on the go and I'm looking forward to playing outside in the snow with my yellow lab.

What are your snow day plans?

Replies

• catylina71
    Options
    I got the "call" this morning at 530am that all schools in our area were closed. not sure what i am going to do with the day yet....
    hopefully get my new treadmill out of my vehicle that i got last night and husband did not want to bring it in last night on the icy driveway.
  • Lobster_Lover
    Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hopefully get my new treadmill out of my vehicle that i got last night and husband did not want to bring it in last night on the icy driveway.

Oh fun! I live over 30 minutes from my work which is also where my gym is so I'll be adventuring in the woods later I'd say for my workout. I just got some new boots too so I'm looking forward to breaking them in. We are supposed to get around 6-8 inches of snow here in my rural part of Maine today.
  • missafan202
    missafan202 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too.I'm very happy.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Here too.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I wish! Just another typical snow stormy day in Southern Ontario. Life keeps moving.

My bus was 30 mins late and I was tempted to go back to bed but then I wouldn't get paid.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    On my 2nd snow day here in Kansas! Going to try to stay busy and stay out of the food. Plan to make cookies clean, get stuff done for my classroom, and maybe take a nap. ???? shoveled the drive yesterday so I'm almost immobile today.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started a new job Monday, so I called to see if we were open. We are, but everyone who is training me called off, so my supervisor told me to stay home. I plan on cleaning, rearranging my living room furniture, and cooking. Already got my workout in, so now I'm just chilling with my hookah and reading until I decide to get up and do the other stuff :laugh:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I live in upstate/central NY but was in western PA this past weekend visiting family - I ended up having to stay an extra day because they got 8" of "flurries". Kinda funny to to live in upstate NY but get stuck in PA because of snow! So I drove home yesterday and all the roads were thankfully dry and clear. Today in central NY we're in the middle of 8-12" but I made it to work! I work at a college so we never close! It's not supposed to end until about midnight, so I'm thinking Wii at home and not the gym this evening.