How often do you weigh in and why?

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    How often do you weigh in and why?
  • annmarie4ever
    Options
    I check the scale to keep me on track but I weigh in once a week.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday at MFP but I actually weigh myself everyday to keep track of big fluctuations. I have been weighing everyday for two years along with counting calories (in my head). I lost 35 lbs doing this but then changed jobs and gained back 14. since logging my meals & exercise with MFP for the last 3 weeks I have lost 5 lbs. I think it makes a difference for me actually logging everything versus averaging in my head.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    I check also check the scale each day or two to keep me on track and motivated, but weigh in and measure once a week. I decided to skip the one week a month that is torture for all of us gals :wink: because I don't think it is a fair indication of my hard work and dedication to a healthier me.

On a different note....how do I get my pounds lost ticker to show up on my posts? I love looking at other's success and would like to have mine shown.

Thanks!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Me....I check once a week....period.
    I don't get anywhere near the scale any other time of the week except my one day which is Monday.
    Gotta stay accountable for those weekends.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday... Probably not good, but honestly I usually lose about a pound a day (sometimes less). I lost nearly 30 pounds the first 5 weeks, so that was 6 pounds a week, so just under a pound a day. It's slowing down now, but I just still do it, it keeps me on track.

*side note> Yes, I lost A LOT of weight FAST, but that's because I am big, and had just gained about 25 pounds due to a back injury so my body was just ready to shed that horrible extra weight.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Friday mornings. I forced myself to stop looking EVERY DAY.

And I did go and lose another 3/4 lb over the last 4 days. YEA!! Finally, it's creeping downward again. I'm doing HIIT work now. I think that's made the difference.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Every morning.

Just because. It's pretty much a non-event but lets me know where I'm at. If I don't like where I am at long enough then I do something about it, like now.

It is more habit than anything else. If I have an unexpected change it lets me track down why right away. I don't fluctuate all that much. It is sort of like brushing my teeth, I just do it every day. I've done this nearly every day for at least 20 years, and for the most part maintain my weight fairly consistently. From this I know the range that I am healthiest at (about a BMI of 21) when I get lower than than I catch more colds, flu, etc.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings first thing! I blew it this morning though, and I'm not gonna do it now...so, tomorrow it is!
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every tuesday, and some in between but decided not to even look at the scale until Tuesday becuz if I don't see a loss or if I see a gain I'll just get depressed!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning between 6:45 a.m. & 7:30 a.m. I try to keep it between those times everyday. So it is about as accurate as possible. I've tried to only weigh once a week, but it is an addiction that I cannot break. Even when I was over 200 pounds, I still weighed everyday. I have for 25+ years.
  • aprildpettitt
    Options
    I weigh every morning between 6:45 a.m. & 7:30 a.m. I try to keep it between those times everyday. So it is about as accurate as possible. I've tried to only weigh once a week, but it is an addiction that I cannot break. Even when I was over 200 pounds, I still weighed everyday. I have for 25+ years.

haha! Maybe there is a 12 step meeting we can go to!

I do my "official" weigh in on Friday mornings but find myself stepping on the scale a few other times a week just to make sure I'm being good. All this scale talk....I hear it calling me now :laugh:
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    Well just like most of the rest once a week same day every week, other then that just keep walking.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    :smile: every Thursday night I take off all my clothes randomly in my apartment hallway and stand on that scale. sometimes I'm happy and sometimes I come out pissed off. This last Thursday, I was pretty happy.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i "weigh-in" on sunday mornings, like this morning
    and might i say i was pretty pleased with myself :bigsmile:

but i do check the scales every morning, if i remember
    just to see what the difference is like this morning, there was a 2lb difference between yesterdays weight and todays weight:huh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Twice a day--at night and in the morning. The nighttime one gives me an idea of where I might be in the morning. It's helped in "learning" my body, too. I can probably come within 1/2 pound of guessing what I'll weight the next morning by how I feel and what I weigh at bedtime.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weight in every morning. Which I should stop doing that but I'm so scared if I don't wight myself everyday I think I'll gain weight.
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I weight in every morning but only pay attention to the weight about once a week. I am complusive though and just like to see it.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Twice a day--at night and in the morning. The nighttime one gives me an idea of where I might be in the morning. It's helped in "learning" my body, too. I can probably come within 1/2 pound of guessing what I'll weight the next morning by how I feel and what I weigh at bedtime.

I do to! It's amazing that I always lose at least a pound from night-morning! Granted, just by breathing you lose a litre of water overnight, but you know.

The past 3 days I have lost exactly 1.4 pounds overnight every night! LOL.
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do twice a day too. For better or worse, it just keeps me accountable for my day.