18 months 163 lbs GONE!!

Options

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

What an inspiration to me. Well done ..!!

I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work. You are so darn strong, I'm in awe.

xx
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your honesty and achievement brought a tear to my eye. I really admire your dedication. Thank you for sharing your story - I wish you all the best as you CRUSH your goal!!!!! ;)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! So very proud of you!
  • mojojelo
    mojojelo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your story is very celebratory. Thank you for sharing, it gives me hope. I have 200 lb.s to lose, and I am starting again today.
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing your story. It is truly an inspiration. Continue to persevere!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I am starting just under where you were - 387.4 on January 6th! I have been a bit heavier before but managed to lose with MFP (right under 400), but a vacation to Florida threw me off my plan and I was not able to get back on it, regaining most of the weight I had lost. Thankfully, I am back on track now, but it is going slowly since I am over 40, but it is really the only choice I have. Like you, I considered the surgery, but honestly did not think I would survive it, so this is my best option.

Best wishes for your continued success!!! :flowerforyou:
  • larsen626
    Options
    tahnks everyone this has not been easy but it has been fun!!
  • larsen626
    Options
    I am sure that it is not easy but it can be done!
  • larsen626
    Options
    kind of surprised about this!
  • larsen626
    Options
    I had a great day seeing friends who have not seen my in a long time so shocking to them!! I have been having a great time shocking and surprising friends and family this is hard work I am up for the task
  • 95to5percent
    95to5percent Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    amazing and inspiring..each day is a new day and toay i will think of you:love::love: :love:
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, the laundry idea is brilliant! I am happy for you and grateful that you shared your story. :)
  • larsen626
    Options
    As of last week I had lost 170 lbs I have slowed down but feel great and want my new healthy life I need to kick my exercise back in gear but I am so happy!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You have worked so hard and I bet feel so much better! Bravo!
  • larsen626
    Options
    My words for those who are depressed thinking they are going to die I have been there and now I get told awesome things I had a family member say wow are you really that tiny (looking at Jeans) I am wearing a size 16 which is a plus size! lol
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I started my Journey in July of 2012 when I attended an informational session for bariatric surgery. I had struggled with my weight all my adult life I have always been the big girl. I wanted help but never knew what to do. I had been using weight watchers for 3 years and walking a mile a day for most of those 3 years. I never lost any weight but managed to gain 30 lbs. I got the consult with the surgeon on July 17th weighing in at the heaviest I had ever been at 400 lbs with a bmi of 73.3! The surgeon had told me that I had to lose 50 lbs to be eligible to have surgery do to the fact that your liver needed to shrink. I went away from this appointment devastated depressed and overwhelmed. How was I ever going to lose that much weight? I started to cry and think if I could lose the weight on my own why would I be asking for help. I even had a dr I only saw for a short time tell me if he wired my jaw shut I would lose the weight. This was frustrating. I had a friend who said that he was losing weight with My Fitness Pal I had never heard of it but anything was better than nothing and the fact that I was killing myself! I started using it told me to eat 2500 calories so I ate 1500 the first 2 weeks I felt starved I cried and wanted to quit. I had lost no weight and said I was not going to live like this. I did not give up and it got easier and I did start to lose weight slowly. I feel great I weigh 237 I am wearing a size 16-18 I realize this is still a plus size but it is amazing! I began this weighing in at 400lbs and wearing a 34-36 and t-shirt size 6X I now can wear a xl comfortably who knew I could do it Guess what not me!! I had to re learn to eat and what worked for me I had so much fun this past year surprising people with my weight loss! I hope that in the next year I can lose what I remaining weight I have to lose 87 lbs to my personal goal. This will be in Overweight according to the BMI But I was in super morbid obesity when I started with BMI of 73.2 I need to lose 19 lbs to say goodbye to morbid obesity today my BMI is 43.3 a difference of almost 30 which is normal BMI so I have lost a normal person. I will continue on this Journey to see where it leads I have been happy with the progress up to this point. I am thankful to all that have assisted me and supported me been there for me cheered for me cried with me thanks

?sort=3&page=1

WOW!! you have done such an amazing job!! well done, you are an inspiration to me :flowerforyou:
  • larsen626
    Options
    okay hope I am ready trained and prayers greatly appreciated I am doing my very 1st Bloomsday.. 7.42 mile race I am still morbidly Obese. even with 174 lbs lost.. I have never even wanted to do this before my nurse will be right beside me. (I am so happy she is so freaking proud!) I weighed 400lbs at the beginning of my journey at 5"2 that is life threatening scary. I never considered my self lazy.. I did what I could with the weight I carried now I have seen what I can do and how much I can do!! even if it takes me all day I am going to kill it tomorrow taking it somewhat easy today sore from walking this week. thank you all
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Thank you for sharing this! Keep up the great work!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!