Jazz up my chicken!

Options
Aunt_Kiki
Aunt_Kiki Posts: 47 Member
I have plain chicken breasts in the freezer and man, am I bored of my own recipes. Gimme your best tasting BAKED chicken recipes please!

Replies

• drshminky
    Options
    Barbecue rub, Roasting Bag, 35 mins :D yum
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am boring - I usually just roast them so I can use the leftovers easily but I have some mango salsa in the fridge I was thinking would be good if I just put a spoonful on each breast and baked them

Chicken stir fry?
    Do a search on this thread I know there are slowcooker recipes that looked really good.
  • Sylv93
    Sylv93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Get some cajun spice mix and rub it into them with a teensy bit of oil (if you don't have enough calories for the oil then skip it) then grill it. This is also really nice with salmon instead of chicken.
  • Mys_Trea
    Mys_Trea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stuff with chopped green peppers and rub the outside with garlic, black pepper & barbeque spice. Throw in some cayenne if you'r feisty. Bake for 35 min. Yummy stuff!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Add a little parmesan and a dash of salad supreme, cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake at 450 for an additional 5 min. It is an amazing base for so many different chicken recipes, as well as on it's own with some fresh veggies and a potato! Last night I put it on some noodles, used a little spaghetti sauce over it and OMG chicken parmesan :wink:
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    marinate them in Lawrys Caribbean Jerk Marinade for a few hours then make some rice and peas! Jamaican yumminess.

http://www.food.com/recipe/jamaican-style-peas-and-rice-red-beans-and-rice-183043
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You could even toss some salsa on top and sprinkle with some cheese...yummy!
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    In the crockpot with a jar of salsa verde, shred and serve in salads, burritos, and on top of rice with veggies.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Boil,shred,put in skillet and stir in a tub of salsa flavored cream cheese or just plain cream cheese and some salsa.I use it in wraps or as a nacho topping.You may need to thin with a little of the chicken broth if it is too thick for your liking.