Spinach & Provolone stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
ff7m6d.jpg
For those of you that want a dinner idea, here's the stuffed pork tenderloin that I made last night. I used Adobo Goya all purpose seasoning, spinach and provolone cheese. Preheat the oven to 425... I had two tenderloins weighing about 2.65 lbs all together, cut them so they roll out flat, cover with plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer. Take plastic wrap off and season with whatever you choose, then pour a bit of olive oil and brush to cover the loin. Lay down slices of provolone cheese and then top with spinach. Tightly roll the loin and secure it by tying pieces of cooking twine about every inch or so, season the outside and brush it with olive oil. Make sure your oven is preheated to 425 and put the loin in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it starts to brown. Turn the temp down to 350, for every lb that it weighs add 25 minutes for cooking time so I kept mine in for a little over an hour. About every 15-20 minutes brush more olive oil to cover the loin to keep it moist. Once cooked let it rest for about 10 minutes, remember to cut the twine off and enjoy. :P

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This looks fantastic! I am going to make this soon! Thank you!!
  • Behxo
    Options
    you're welcome! :smile:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Yum.. Thank you, I am always looking for new lower carb food to make!!! Look great.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    OMG, that looks divine! I'm going to have to try that, and soon! Thanks for sharing. :drinker:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That may be dinner tonight!! Yum! Thanks for posting!! :flowerforyou:
  • daisyflame22
    daisyflame22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That looks great! Will definitely be trying this soon! :happy:
  • Behxo
    Options
    Happy to pass it along :drinker:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I might add a layer of proscuitto in with the spinach and cheese ... head towards that saltimbocca flavor ..
  • Behxo
    Options
    Sounds good. I might add a layer of proscuitto in with the spinach and cheese ... head towards that saltimbocca flavor ..

I wanted to do that but I needed to do better on my sodium so I left it out, I'm sure it'll taste amazing though!
  • ruonadiet
    ruonadiet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yum will try it this weekend. thank you for sharing
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

I wanted to do that but I needed to do better on my sodium so I left it out, I'm sure it'll taste amazing though!

I watch sodium .. not as fanatically as I used to, but I keep an eye on it. Sometimes it's worth it, though.
  • Behxo
    Options
    Sorry to those who wanted numbered instructions that were more spread out, went to go edit it again but for some reason it won't let me.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for posting this recipe! I made it for my birthday dinner a few days ago and it was fantastic! The entire family enjoyed it! I plan on making it again soon! Next time I may roll up a little bit of stuffing with the spinach and cheese! Yummo!! :smile: