Any Activia Fans in the house?

Options
I constantly deal with constipation, has anyone tried it? I'm a male btw, it seems that the product is targeting the women population.

I eat wheat and bran and veggies every day, but it seems that I need more help. : (

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I just bought some the other day. The apple flavour and it's delicious. Love it!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just bloats me and makes me f@@t!!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I do eat Activia - and the Trader Joes brand of probiotic yogurt too. One thing that may help you - it did me - is taking a few stool softeners (I buy the Costco brand - but Dulcolax is the brand at most drug stores) each night before bed. It is very gentle - not like a laxative. I also eat lots of fruits and veggies - but still need the stool softeners. No more problem for me! Good luck!
  • mixedproduct
    mixedproduct Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Activia and it has helped me, what do you have to lose by trying it?
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Activia helps me go a little more to the loo. I love the stuff!

Try having it with bran flakes in the morning, this really helps my gut :)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Activia! It's delish and if it helps me poo them I am a happy camper! I eat it every day with a 1/2 cup original Fiber One cereal mixed in. Total calories is 130 with 6 grams of protein and 16 grams of fiber! Can't go wrong there! :)
  • jessica012583
    Options
    I have always been irregular so I did the whole 14-day activia challenge and it worked. I have also increased my water intake and I feel that has helped also.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I do like Activia. Make sure you increase your water intake as well. You might also want to try a colon cleanse just to get things started.

Best wishes! :happy:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Maybe talk with you doctor about a prescription probiotic? I take them. They are a yummy chewable purple tablet every morning called Rezyst. It is just natural occurring bacteria that may not be so abundant in your tummy and intestines. It aides in the digestion process. It is what is in most yogurts such as Activia. Just a suggestion. Oh and they're inexpensive too.
  • dobetter4me
    Options
    My husband and I just met with a dietican the other day and she told him to eat one Activa everyday. Said she has seen lots of success with her patients.
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    Its on my breakfast rotation.
  • sandybags2
    Options
    drink boiled water approx 4 - 6 mugs a day. don't mean to interfere.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I love activia! Tastes fantastic too!

If you're new to the change in diet...this may be causing your problems...try not to worry...it will all settle down again!

Drink plenty of water too! :flowerforyou:
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have dealt with constipation for years (after having my children), and Activia seems to help. It's a great snack, too! :)