What's your BEST way to start a day?

Options

Replies

• karenwatson779
    Options
    I'm up at 3-3:30 am most mornings (due to work) I start my day with a 1/2 hr bike ride to work (4:30 am) I meditate will riding (gets me in a right mind of positive thinking and motivation). While at work I'm busy walking briskly, stretching, lifting (up to 25 lb boxes while walking) I do squats throughout the 8 hrs, (while stocking) and climbing (to reach top shelves). Then ride my bike back home for a total of 9.5 miles round trip. So basically for the first 10 hrs of my day I'm doing constant exercise of some sort. I see my co-workers come in at 6 am they're all tired looking complaining about being tired and here I am, full of positive energy and feeling awake and good... Ty God that it's 1 day @ a time, easy does it... I'm feeling gr8 today....
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    M passion for life wakes me everyday! I can't guarantee that my day will be all that and a bag of chips (healthy chips!), but I can guarantee that my attitude and responses will be formed from a premier mindset! I don't have a routine except that I won't do anything without giving thanks to the Father for His grace and favor in my life! Then I go about getting ready, with thoughts of seizing the day on my mind! I probably should get a routine, because the things you all are doing sound pretty effective!

-Nathan
    "Glory In Conquest"
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like to be up early to do half an hour of cardio at about 6am on my elliptical machine. I then stick my coffee pot on before I jump in the shower and once I'm out and dressed it's sat there waiting for me! How considerate! :wink: I then usually microwave a portion of some batch made breakfast casserole and sit and mull on the internet or watch the breakfast news before I wake my family up at 7:30am for the mad morning rush in getting breakfasts done and taking them to school and getting myself to work! I relish every minute in the calm before the storm! :laugh:
    ~TCG~
  • JJHnIOWA
    Options
    By sleeping in.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Pzi39nM.jpg
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sex, wee, shower, coffee. Then more coffee. And occasionally, more coffee.
  • pichu_318
    pichu_318 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like to get up, have a breakfast bar, go swimming/skating/to a cycling class, come back and have real breakfast XD, go to band practice (i.e. play saxophone :D), and then come back home to a high protein greek yogurt shake :) All of this before 9 AM :D
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I decided to adopt intermittent fasting (16/8) and it's been the most amazing lifestyle change I've ever made.

My biggest change was in my morning routine and it was to skip breakfast (I do have tea or a diet soda). Not only do I feel more focused and energized during the morning fast, but not having to worry about what to have for breakfast is great. It also means I don't have to be as calorie-conscious about what to have for lunch and dinner later on since I've already cut back by skipping breakfast.
  • daniellebomb
    Options
    :drinker: One word COFFEE!
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My better days are when I start (after the everyday routine of waking, getting dressed, bathroom, brushing teeth) with some sort of exercise. Often, I only find time for 10 - 20 minutes of yoga or pilates, but it's a good start. The only better mornings are when I can sleep in.
  • countrygrl0712
    Options
    Best way to start the morning. Wake up and have a banana and a cup of coffee following a 45 minute cardio workout or running on the treadmill!!!!! On my days off from working out I don't feel awake if I don't start my morning off this way
  • fitcrystal1121
    fitcrystal1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I wake up the first thing I do is drink 20 oz of water, then go to the bathroom, and either eat then yoga or vice versa.
  • 1983ashleigh
    1983ashleigh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If I do 10 burbies every morning I have more energy throughout the day.
  • jamtart37
    jamtart37 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I breathe, stretch, wince, limp to the bathroom then make a pot of tea.
  • jaidygal
    jaidygal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank God for letting me see another day, stretch, bathroom, coffee, shower, dress and then wake up the troops. If all goes smoothly, the rest of the day is awesome.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those morning gym people, so I have everything I need already gathered the night before. My good day starts the night before by going to bed at a decent hour. I like a lot of sleep, so if I'm not in bed by 9:30, I'm not generally happy about it. I wake up at 5:30am, brush my teeth and then take my dogs outside in the yard and let them roam around for a while and listen to the waves crash on the beach in the dark and watch the city lights twinkly across the channel (I'm pretty lucky!), then I go back inside, snuggle my husband and my dogs for a few minutes then head out the door to the gym. Oh yeah, most of the time I will put a load of laundry in the washing machine before I leave the house. And! Watch the sun come up looking out the windows at my gym. Dang. I love mornings!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wash face -> Cute outfit -> wholesome breakfast -> coffee -> cuddle my kitty -> kiss my man -> make my bed -> conquer the day!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Bathroom, Coffee IV hookup, once I have all that blood in my caffeine stream neutralized I work out :drinker: Then more coffee and the rest of my day
  • Lobster_Lover
    Lobster_Lover Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday, but first thing in the morning I go to the bathroom and then weigh myself. Most of the time, if I'm eating right and exercising I am either the same or down weight. Even if it's only .2 lbs, it's exciting to see the scale going down. Success is a great way to start the day because even if it shows a gain, I remind myself of the big picture and what I have lost so far.

Then it's on to a hot shower, getting ready for work, and a 100 Calorie Yoplait Greek Yogurt and a banana on my way to work (30+ minute commute with tunes cranked).

Not too exciting of a morning, but it works for me :)
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Prayer. Coffee. Feed family. Eat. Shove family out the door. Workout! .:happy: