My boyfriend's house

Options

Replies

• Greytfish
    Options
    The problem is not your boyfriend's house.

:drinker:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Just count your calories and control yourself....
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the helpful responses!
  • SID081108
    SID081108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend's kitchen is also a cornucopia of leftover noms. ;) it took a few weekends of logging what I would eat there, but I finally claimed a cupboard where I keep dried fruits, nuts, and other healthy-option snacks/foods. so I see the pizza, I want the pizza... I have the trail mix. ;) I also bring over fresh fruit and veggies which I share with him.

he's coming around. there are more veggies in his fridge when I get there, and I have to replenish my cupboard because he's started opting for my healthy treats in loo of ordering another pizza. now, granted, this has been a gradual process over nine months. people don't change until they're ready and willing. I've never mentioned to him that he needs to watch what he eats, only that there is food in the cupboard, if he's hungry; he just needs to let me know when I'm running low on stuff. otherwise, I'll have nothing to snack on and definitely eat the pizza. :p

best of luck! :)

It's so nice to see a friendly reply around here once in a while! I swear I've never come across so many rude people in my life as are on the MFP "community". It's like being back in junior high.
  • rwilley35
    rwilley35 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My refrigerator has been going through a complete makeover from my gf. I'm slowly converting my food stores to a healthier options so as not to send my three kids into shock. They are slowly getting there. She doesn't stay with me as often as I stay with her but it's enough to send her into a tissy. Some things you can do are to go shopping with him and make it fun, plan a meal and cook it for him (hint: we focus less on other bodies when ours are well fed ;-) ), spend less time there and let him know when his fridge looks as good as you do you'll be there more often. :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
    This! I've actually done this. No guy is worth weight gain in my opinion

Um....wait...what?
  • TwirleySlims
    Options
    Pizza isn't unhealthy if you pick the right one, I just had half a pizza & coleslaw, 385 Calories! But you need will power!
    Good luck!
  • shannylove9
    shannylove9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with all thats been said. Bringing your own food that you know is healthy for you and you enjoy is a good tip. Also you could budget the pizza into your day if you wanted to eat it.

Maybe it could be a fun idea/romantic to offer to cook dinner sometimes for the two of you and then make something healthy that you enjoy and feel good about eating.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    OP, when I started back at this in Jan. of last year, I had thin spouse and thin son under my roof. I didn't expect them to change how they ate, so I added healthy alternatives to meals and avoided what I knew wouldn't fit in my calories. Even better? If I had the calories left, I would have a little bit of the stuff they were enjoying...Mac & cheese, piece of pizza, ice cream sandwich, etc.

To me, it was about the priorities and how important getting the weight off was in my mind, and because it WAS that big of a deal to me, that helped me keep my fingers out of pies I didn't need to be eating at that point. :wink:

Not sure how far in you are at this point, but the first 4-6 weeks were the hardest for me.
  • Gemmz2014
    Options
    Just break up.

:laugh: You made my day!

I never exclude pizza from my diet, only the pepperoni. You can lose weight still but I entirely understand how you feel. It's not easy, will power, lots of it!!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Tell him to eat healthier or no sex. It is causing you mental stress.
  • dizzylizzy213
    Options
    My refrigerator has been going through a complete makeover from my gf. I'm slowly converting my food stores to a healthier options so as not to send my three kids into shock. They are slowly getting there. She doesn't stay with me as often as I stay with her but it's enough to send her into a tissy. Some things you can do are to go shopping with him and make it fun, plan a meal and cook it for him (hint: we focus less on other bodies when ours are well fed ;-) ), spend less time there and let him know when his fridge looks as good as you do you'll be there more often. :)

Thank you for this!
  • dizzylizzy213
    Options
    my boyfriend's kitchen is also a cornucopia of leftover noms. ;) it took a few weekends of logging what I would eat there, but I finally claimed a cupboard where I keep dried fruits, nuts, and other healthy-option snacks/foods. so I see the pizza, I want the pizza... I have the trail mix. ;) I also bring over fresh fruit and veggies which I share with him.

he's coming around. there are more veggies in his fridge when I get there, and I have to replenish my cupboard because he's started opting for my healthy treats in loo of ordering another pizza. now, granted, this has been a gradual process over nine months. people don't change until they're ready and willing. I've never mentioned to him that he needs to watch what he eats, only that there is food in the cupboard, if he's hungry; he just needs to let me know when I'm running low on stuff. otherwise, I'll have nothing to snack on and definitely eat the pizza. :p

Thank you so much for this!!!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this problem!!!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Solid first post.
    Um, If some guy has pizza in his house, you gain weight?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for this!!!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has this problem!!!!

Again, why can't you eat some of the pizza sometimes?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

... Dare I dream?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

... Dare I dream?

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

You'll be a treat when you're pregnant.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member