AMAZING flourless, high-protein pancakes under 300 cals

Options
Easy, gluten-free, healthy, high-protein pancakes! Sounds like a weird combo but I promise that you will not taste the protein-rich eggs, just the banana and a hint of vanilla! AMAZING!

Ingredients:
One banana (the more ripe, the better)
Two eggs
1 TBS flaxseed meal (optional)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

If you have a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and pulse until mixed into a smooth texture. If you don't have a food processor, mash the banana well and mix in the rest of the dry ingredients. Gently whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and then combine well with the banana mixture.

Preheat a small pan over medium-heat and spray with cooking spray or use butter. Use a half-cup measurer to pour each pancake on the pan (if small pan, will make about 3 sizable pancakes). Be patient and wait for the pancake to cook through enough so you can flip it easily. Then flip over and cook for about a minute on the other side.

Enjoy topped with fresh berries, some maple syrup, or better yet, melted peanut butter (nuke it in the microwave for a bit and pour over pancakes).

Replies

• Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love pancakes! <3
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!! Thanks!
  • RachelAngel01
    RachelAngel01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    These are even better if you use plantains. Bananas make the pancake greasy, but the plantains give an amazingly realistic consistency. I use 2 plantains, dash vanilla, 4 eggs, 3T coconut oil, 1/8t salt, 1/2t baking soda in the blender. My kids think they're amazing
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I might have to try these this weekend. :D
  • madiken4
    madiken4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks, those sound great! And I love your idea of topping them with melted peanut butter!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    These sound good :happy:
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kp82883
    kp82883 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gotta admit that I am so confused by these but I am going to give them a try!