My boyfriend's house

Options
13»

Replies

• onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The answer is clear. Its sex and lots of it. And when you are sick of having sex, have more sex. Sex burns calories.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend's kitchen is also a cornucopia of leftover noms. ;) it took a few weekends of logging what I would eat there, but I finally claimed a cupboard where I keep dried fruits, nuts, and other healthy-option snacks/foods. so I see the pizza, I want the pizza... I have the trail mix. ;) I also bring over fresh fruit and veggies which I share with him.

he's coming around. there are more veggies in his fridge when I get there, and I have to replenish my cupboard because he's started opting for my healthy treats in loo of ordering another pizza. now, granted, this has been a gradual process over nine months. people don't change until they're ready and willing. I've never mentioned to him that he needs to watch what he eats, only that there is food in the cupboard, if he's hungry; he just needs to let me know when I'm running low on stuff. otherwise, I'll have nothing to snack on and definitely eat the pizza. :p

best of luck! :)

It's so nice to see a friendly reply around here once in a while! I swear I've never come across so many rude people in my life as are on the MFP "community". It's like being back in junior high.

No. People are responding in a humorous manner because the question at hand is humorous. How does this Internet forum bestow upon the OP Will-Power and Self-Control??

will·pow·er or will pow·er (wĭl′pou′ər)
    n.
    The strength of will to carry out one's decisions, wishes, or plans.

self-con·trol (sĕlf′kən-trōl′)
    n.
    Control of one's emotions, desires, or actions by one's own will

Notice a common theme here? By ones OWN will. No one here, in the OPs circle of friends, her family, her boyfriend, her pet gerbil... NO ONE can help the OP but herself. So, if she wants to vent about it, she can practice her free-will do so. And others may practice their free-will to joke about it.

Welcome to the Internet.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I could eat an entire pizza myself so its not easy for some to stop at 1 or 2 pieces. Call it a flaw, whatever, its me

Here is how I have successfully curbed it to just have 1 or two slices
    - eat solid meals during the day so I dont find myself in a huge deficit, being hungry
    - if I am hungry on the way there, I stop and get something. Your a Pens fan, if your from Western Pa, Giant Eagle has salad bars, but even past that, at GE or Sheetz grab an apple, greek yogurt whatever and get some solid choices in you before having the slice if you still need it.
    - drink 3 waters

In my younger days I had an overnight bag in my car all the time in case I wasnt going home. In that bag, have something that wont spoil that can take the edge off, like a protein shake, Cliff bar, protein powder ...whatever.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend's kitchen is also a cornucopia of leftover noms. ;) it took a few weekends of logging what I would eat there, but I finally claimed a cupboard where I keep dried fruits, nuts, and other healthy-option snacks/foods. so I see the pizza, I want the pizza... I have the trail mix. ;) I also bring over fresh fruit and veggies which I share with him.

he's coming around. there are more veggies in his fridge when I get there, and I have to replenish my cupboard because he's started opting for my healthy treats in loo of ordering another pizza. now, granted, this has been a gradual process over nine months. people don't change until they're ready and willing. I've never mentioned to him that he needs to watch what he eats, only that there is food in the cupboard, if he's hungry; he just needs to let me know when I'm running low on stuff. otherwise, I'll have nothing to snack on and definitely eat the pizza. :p

It's so nice to see a friendly reply around here once in a while! I swear I've never come across so many rude people in my life as are on the MFP "community". It's like being back in junior high.

No. People are responding in a humorous manner because the question at hand is humorous. How does this Internet forum bestow upon the OP Will-Power and Self-Control??

n.

n.

Notice a common theme here? By ones OWN will. No one here, in the OPs circle of friends, her family, her boyfriend, her pet gerbil... NO ONE can help the OP but herself. So, if she wants to vent about it, she can practice her free-will do so. And others may practice their free-will to joke about it.

Welcome to the Internet.

I just want OP to tell me why she can't eat the darned PIZZA?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

n.

n.

Welcome to the Internet.

Well yeah, that too *LOL*
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

n.

n.

Welcome to the Internet.

Odus is completely correct. No one can Help you here....having the ability to JUST SAY NO to the "bad" stuff is up to you. Or you could use portion control...but in the end. The Motivation you seek...the drive to do what you know is best for you....the want to...it all needs to come from you.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

... Dare I dream?

dani?
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I consider myself lucky since my guy is trying to lose weight too, and he's a great cook. He loves to cook chicken breast with some fresh veggies and rice, or a veggie omelette- I could go on. Anyways- I love cooking with him, it's a lot of fun and a good way to spend time together. Maybe you and your bf could agree to cook a new (healthy) meal together. If it turns out to be fun for you two it could open up the doors to him doing some grocery shopping for food that you would rather eat.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Obviously, cauliflower pizza is your only option. :ohwell:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Two options:
    1. Use this as an opportunity to learn some resolve. You get stronger when you're challenged. This goes for your mentality as much as it goes for the body. Continue taking your own food, and practice your resolution to eat only it.

2. Adjust. It's entirely possible to eat the food he eats and stay within your calorie and macro goals. (Assuming that they have been set properly.) It still takes resolve to not eat too much of it, but you can do it.
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

n.

n.

Welcome to the Internet.

:-) So far I have eaten the pizza...