289 to 265 in just over a month

Options
Hey there!

So I am honestly in shock with the amount of weight I've been losing. On Christmas I weighed myself and saw that I was just about 290 and almost freaked out. Luckily I was getting an elliptical for xmas and started using is and trying to eat better. I just do 30 mins a day and then go walking for about 45 minutes on most days. In the middle of January I had a vacation and during that entire week I ate like crap and didn't really work out. I have been eating around 1200 calories per day but lots of days I might go over. I've even had a few trips to chipotle! Anyways...I'm quite happy but really surprised that I've lost so much weight with not a ton of effort. What's going on?! :)

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's generally easier in the beginning due to water weight but your progress is fantastic. Keep it up!
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good work! We're in the same range, unfortunately I'm not losing quite as fast. I do eliptical too but at the gym. Just getting that and my eating plan worked on and will hopefully have similar results. :smile:
  • DeniseMcEach
    Options
    That is awsome! Were you very active previously?

Whatever, if it is working, don't change it. And if it has been effortless then that is even better. Just keep going! You are doing great.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great start! I suspect you're seeing a lot of water weight losses combined with fat loss. There's only a limited amount of water to be lost at the beginning, and I would expect that the big numbers are about to slow down dramatically very soon. Don't freak out or be discouraged when it happens- you might even see some fluctuations back up a few lbs. Good work.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

So I am honestly in shock with the amount of weight I've been losing. On Christmas I weighed myself and saw that I was just about 290 and almost freaked out. Luckily I was getting an elliptical for xmas and started using is and trying to eat better. I just do 30 mins a day and then go walking for about 45 minutes on most days. In the middle of January I had a vacation and during that entire week I ate like crap and didn't really work out. I have been eating around 1200 calories per day but lots of days I might go over. I've even had a few trips to chipotle! Anyways...I'm quite happy but really surprised that I've lost so much weight with not a ton of effort. What's going on?! :)

Congrats on your loss. A great deal of that is water and not actual body mass. 1200 calories is pretty low with your weight and activity level though.
  • rican240sx
    rican240sx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great work. its funny how our stories start off so similar.

However it took me a bit longer than you.

Keep up the great work
  • ballen2013
    Options
    I've never been inactive. I've always walked and such but I think the biggest thing is not eating out as much and I think the elliptical helps a lot.
  • ballen2013
    Options
    Hey there!

Congrats on your loss. A great deal of that is water and not actual body mass. 1200 calories is pretty low with your weight and activity level though.

Probably, I always feel full though. I certainly don't feel deprived. I think that I was just eating WAY more than I actually needed to before.
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is very low for your weight and activity level.....you might not think your depriving yourself or even hungry but your body will store anything you eat that's unhealthy...By being consistent and eating more whole foods, getting your calories up with some good proteins...you'll re-train your metabolism to burn off more and when you do decide to treat yourself your body will just spit it out and not store it. Trust me..I've done the 1200 calorie diet 5 times and now I'm listening to my body and working at around 25% of my TDEE...look into it...interesting stuff.... http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

I've lost all my weight since Dec. 2013 using this method and I'm still eating around 1700 calories a day being 193lbs....starting weight 282.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!