looking for spaghetti squash recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This is an old weight watchers recipe and it is fantastic! Everyone in my house will eat a big helping of this.

Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
    1 spaghetti squash (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds)
    2 t olive oil
    1/2 c each diced onion and red bell pepper
    1 garlic clove minced
    8 ounces ground turkey
    1 c canned whole tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 t oregano leaves
    dash each salt & pepper
    2 ounces Shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese (I use mozzie)
    1 tablespoon italian parlsey chopped

Cook the squash (in oven at 400 degrees for abut 45 mins or in the microwave - make sure you poke holes in it before you cook it, and watch that you take it out when it gets soft or it will explode - I've got photographic proof!)

Cut squash in half, remove & pitch seeds. Pull remaining strands out into a bowl. If you want to be fancy, you can save the shells for baking the casserole in.

In small skillet heat the oil and add the onions, pepper and garlic and saute until translucent. Stir in the turkey and saute until the turkey is no longer pink. Add the tomatoes seasoning and the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed. Spoon 1/2 the mixture into the shell (or toss it all in a pan) and bake it for 20 mins. Sprinkle the cheese on top and broil until the cheese is browned. Sprinkle with parsley.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This one is the Bomb!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/spaghetti-squash-with-meat-sauce-46-pts.html

Even my husband eats it and he doesn't eat much of what I make that's "healthy".
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • okcareys4ku
    Options
    I like to roast mine in the oven with EVOO and minced garlic, salt and pepper, then saute mushrooms and mix togerher with a little parmesan cheese.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I freeze the "noodles" in single servings for lunches... a quick one is the squash with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and some bacon bits, heat in microwave, add chopped tomato...yum!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We are addicted to spaghetti squash lasagna-ground meat, spaghetti sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella-so good!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the above comments so sorry if this is duplicate:

I cut mine in half lengthwise, scoop out the middle mush and seeds, place it in a deep microwavable dish crater up, fill the crater with water, place the other half back on top, cover dish, microwave for 10 minutes, take out (be careful it gets HOTTTT), remove top half, check water, refill if needed, replace top half, re-cover and cook another 7-10 minutes. take out, let cool, drain water and scoop into a strainer with a fork to create "noodles". Let it drain well.

For toppings I like to eat it with grilled chicken breast cut up, low fat Ragu alfredo and diced tomatoes, or marinara, ground chicken or beef and broiled/baked zuchini sliced up.
  • QueenTrix
    Options
    These Spaghetti Squash Stuffed Shells are to die for. I also added some mushroom to my filling for some added flavor. I'm not usually a big fan of spaghetti squash, but this dish is a winner. If you didn't tell your guests, they'd never really know what was in it. I made them for a family dinner and everyone loved them.

http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2012/10/10/spaghetti-squash-stuffed-shells.html

Dee
  • flyingbeta
    flyingbeta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I substitute cooked spaghetti squash for noodles in sorta-homemade soups. It stays crispy for some nice mouth feel, and it has a fraction of the calories. Here's my flexi-recipe:

1 32 oz. box of broth
    6 to 8 oz of protein (beef, chicken, tofu)
    2 cups mixed veggies (I use frozen mixed veggies)
    spices to taste (I like poultry seasoning and a bay leaf)
    1/2 spaghetti squash, cooked and "forked" out of the rind
    Splash of wine

Put everything in a pot. Bring to a boil. Eat it up.