Zumba DVD's

Options
So I keep hearing about Zumba, and I need to face the facts that I'm not enjoying Insanity. So what are your favorite Zumba DVD's? I have to work out at home, I don't have time between homework and child's bedtime to go anywhere. But if you look on Amazon.ca, there are TONS of DVD's...which one is the best?

Thanx!

Replies

• Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    bump.....I'd like to know this too!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have the official Zumba (By the creator Beto) set and my favorite in that set is the Live workout. I got on www.zumba.com but I see amazon has it too. I just ordered Zumba for Wii - can't wait til it arrives to see if it is good.

The DVD's are not as good as the classes - the Zumba site (above) you can search by zip code to find classes near you
  • Tee_S
    Tee_S Posts: 10
    Options
    So I keep hearing about Zumba, and I need to face the facts that I'm not enjoying Insanity. So what are your favorite Zumba DVD's? I have to work out at home, I don't have time between homework and child's bedtime to go anywhere. But if you look on Amazon.ca, there are TONS of DVD's...which one is the best?

Thanx!
    You dont like Insanity? Is it difficult? Please update I am thinking of trying it out soon...Also, I have heard great things about Zumba. I was going to join in on classes at the gym but an at home dvd sounds good....
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know someone who lost almost 40 lbs by only doing zumba at home.. All you do is to go zumba.com and order the whole set. 4 DVDs are included in the set: 20 minute workout express, cardio party, sculpt and tone, and on a different cd cover: zumba fitness live and flat abs.

There are also zumba classes in almost each country on the planet. The cult is growing fast because it really does work.

HtH :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I saw Naked Zumba, but apparently it requires age verification and a monthly fee. naughty.gif
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a kit, came with 5 DVDs and the toning sticks.

I did the basics first and that helped me learn the steps. Now I regularly do the Zumba Live with the creator and his minions. It's great. I love it and so does my 5 year old boy.

I also switch in Zumba classes at my community center, Flat Abs that is on the Zumba LIve disk and their toning DVD too.

I want to get the Advanced DVD also. But so far, I'm really REALLY happy with the ones I've mentioned.

Katie
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure about Zumba, either, so I am getting a couple different ones from my library to "try before I buy"!!! Someone said somewhere along the line that Netflix may have some exercise DVD's to watch instantly as well!

Wouldn't hurt to check either option out before you buy!

Good luck!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I saw Naked Zumba, but apparently it requires age verification and a monthly fee. naughty.gif

you first binary:smokin:
  • lilRicki
    Options

Thanx!
    You dont like Insanity? Is it difficult? Please update I am thinking of trying it out soon...Also, I have heard great things about Zumba. I was going to join in on classes at the gym but an at home dvd sounds good....

You know some people love it... i have friends on MFP that swear by it...i hate it...maybe i'm just not there yet, but it damn near kills me...i have absolutely no motivation to do it...that's why i want to try zumba...i also have p90x, i imagine if i hate insanity i'll probably hate p90x too, but i'm still going to try it...just the thought of working until i puke isn't fun anymore...for some it's a challenge, for me it's a deterint
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Christ it's not cheap eh?
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    Options
    There are also tons of tapings of Zumba classes on youtube. So if you want to try it out before investing the money do a search on youtube for "hickory zumba" - the girls are good and it's pretty indicative of what you would get in a typical class. Not to mention that you get an endless variety of music and choreography styles by using youtube since the instructors use this as a way to share new choreography.
  • flossicle
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic..i g/t u enjoy it the first time u do it..Zumba Fitness are the official people so probably 1 of theirs! Enjoy..am waiting for the Wii game to come out in the Uk!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    geez at least the men on stage are SUPER HOT!:smooched: :love:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

You might be able to get the main Zumba DVD off Ebay.
  • lilRicki
    Options

You might be able to get the main Zumba DVD off Ebay.

ooo good idea, i should check kijji too
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    I did what someone said earlier,I wet to youtube and watched a few videos and tried them. That made me decide to look into purchasing them.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Was it fun? Did you "feel the burn"?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Zumba myself, but everyone seems to love it. I've taken Latin, Hip hop, and Bellydancing aerobics classes before, so I'm assuming it's something similiar. I'll definately have to check it out soon. I'm hoping Netflix will add it, if they haven't already.

Shannon