How many ml water should I drink in a day ????

Options
Hi how many ml should I drink in a day ?

I have been told 8 cup a day but that's very vague how big a class.

I have 750ml bottles and trying to drink 3 in a day.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    2-4l is usually sufficient.
  • _John_
    Options
    that's about 1/2 to 1 gallons for those incapable of comprehending the metric system...
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks so having 3 x 750 ml is probably enough for me in a day.

All different opinions online
  • _John_
    Options
    a lot can depend on how much water you get from food as well.

A diet high in raw fruit would supply a lot of water for example.
  • nanaloseweight
    nanaloseweight Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Only drink what your body requires, never force anymore down.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    According to the NHS website, http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/water-drinks.aspx
    The European Food Safety Authority recommends that women should drink about 1.6 litres of fluid and men should drink about 2.0 litres of fluid per day. That's about eight 200ml glasses for a woman and 10 200ml glasses for a man.

P.S.
    I personally drink a minimum of 4 pints, plus several cups of tea. This is significantly more than recommended, but I get thirsty.
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It should be around 8 8oz glasses which works out to be just under 3 bottles. I also use a bottle and worked it out that way!
  • Bagelsan
    Options
    All fluids count towards the requirements, I believe; it doesn't have to be 8 glasses of water, it can be a glass of water, 2 mugs of tea, a coffee, some soup... etc.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Yes - 8 glasses of water is a myth. You should as a previous poster said consume around 2L of fluid per day. Obviously water is a pretty healthy option but you can mix it up a little - most fluids other than water are empty calories though...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    8 oz.=250 ml. I won't get into whether 64 oz is the correct amount of water for everyone.
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of 250 ml means 1.5 L, this is what usually recommended. If I drink this much I would be running to rest room whole day. As a rule of thumb a physician told me to watch color of urine, if it is dark then you are drinking less water and if it is light then you are doing fine.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    3x 750 mL should be plenty of water.

What colour is your pee? If it is dark yellow you should drink more water, if it is almost dlear you are drinking more than you need.

However, when trying to lose weight I think drinking more is better.
  • kareit
    kareit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    MD recently told me to drink half my body weight (lbs) in water (oz). So if you weigh 100lbs, drink 50oz water/day. You can figure out the metric conversions from there.
  • crazystacey777
    Options
    Does caffeine beverages like coffee and tea count? I can't seem to get past 40 ounces a day. My urine is clear. I think I'm getting enough for me based on that.