suprisingly NOT eating enough calories

Options
So for about 10 days now I have been on the quick start program for Herbalife. It is a great program and I love it. I have lost 6 pounds in a week on it, including hard workouts 6 days a week. I have been tracking my meals on MFP every day so I know how much nutrients I am putting into my body. But every day I am struggling to reach my goal of 1200 calories, as well as my goal of 108-119mg of protein per day. I need some help with finding foods that are high in good calories but low in carbs and sodium. I am just worried about putting my body into starvation mode and having it store everything as fat. I am eating extremely healthy compared to how I used to it. But I run about 2 miles a day and do strength training so I know I need to get all of the nutrients I need. Someone please help!!
Thankyou!

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Protein.

Try Chicken, tuna, turkey, etc. All high protein, low calorie, low carb, low sodium, etc. Protein is your best friend.
  • tink0021
    tink0021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I once made a spreadsheet of my favorite foods with columns for calories and protein. I added another column of protein/calorie and this gave me a number I could sort by. The foods highest on my list were: fish I cooked at home, protein supplements (including rice and pea), precooked chicken sausages, and canned tuna. The food at the bottom of my list? Breaded cod filet from a local chain.
  • jesslillyb6
    jesslillyb6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thankyou!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I would suggest swapping one shake a day for a meal.