What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My brown husky Misha is in my profile pic. My fiance and I also just adopted a 2 1/2 year old deaf pit bull named Puff. He's my baby...such a lap dog it's ridiculous. He's also afraid of the cats ;)
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Eleven-year-old big black lab/akita mix named Lucy and an eight-year-old rottie/shepherd mix named Angel. Sweet, sweet girls.
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2 German Shepherds - 10 year old sable and black (Zoey) the other pure white and resembles and arctic wolf, Koda Bear 3 years old
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have a "little" Bernese Mountain Dog... 10 months old and about 75-80lbs. Small for his age, but that's ok, he'll grow into his paws one of these days. Profile pic was taken when he was 5-6 months old. His name is Gif :)
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Invisible Husky :cry:
  • afalewyn
    afalewyn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    pit bull!
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You can't find a pure breed? Where are you looking? Grab a copy of Dog World and look up the many, many breeder ads. Do NOT buy from a pet shop, where the puppy mill dogs end up, and "I would never get a dog from the pound; you don't know what sort of physical and mental issues you'll get, or whether the dog is prone to genetic problems", hip dysplaysia being a big one in that breed. Go to a show breeder and find out the medical history. People who breed for the show ring breed for the best dogs, not the quickest buck..
    [/quote]

i completely disagree with NOT getting a dog from the pound or shelter or foster care. they are the ones that need forever homes more. they aren't likely to be alive for very long. also, shelters do temperment tests and basic evaluations. so they would know medical and behavioral issues. you can also study on breeds before you adopt.
    getting from a breeder is almost as bad and getting dogs from a pet shop. many of those breeders don't care if their "cash crop" is healthy or not. they just want to sell them and make $. i know a breeder of bearded collies on my street, she has been doing it for 25+ years. the ONLY reason i would buy a dog from her is because i know her. I still will go to a shelter or rescue first.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2 English Mastiffs! 1 male, fawn 6 months Shere Kahn & I female, brindle 5 years old Nala!!!!! yep my kids named them from Disney movies!!!!!
  • visabsoluta
    Options
    4 year old rottweiler, her name is cessna
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A Golden Retriever named Gracie :heart:
  • KaeGae
    Options
    Three yorkshire terriers...14, 12, and 9!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Chihuahua- Peanut
    Chi-weenie - Toby
    Italian Greyhound- Max
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    2 Yorkies and 1 black lab/German Shepherd mix
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cockapoo/Pom (15 y/o blind and deaf but has the best nose in the house)
    Lhasa Apso (5 y/o and moody)
    Cavipoo (3 y/o rescue; just loves having a family and the only one that plays with the big basket of toys we bought for the other 2)
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sam - my staffordshire terrier X collie boy, who turned 8 on January 23rd.
    My baby :love:
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have Honey Bear aka Honeybunny, a rescue pet ( the best type). She is a Tibetan Spaniel X, perhaps with Corgi. So loving, follows me everywhere, even lays on the bathroom floor while I have a shower. Sweetest nature. I have had in the past Kelpies which are so beautiful and a little Corgi x, all from pounds, and all with lovely natures. :)
  • Andyben1
    Andyben1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2 golden retrievers holly and willow and 2 German shepherd's Ben and Simla
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    St Bernard / Rottweiler cross - getting a treat from a friend.

381340_10150491754860689_930870537_n.jpg
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have 2...I just acquired a 7y/o Pomeranian "Teddy", he's an awesome dog. I also have a bloodhound/blue heeler mix "Dixie" that is 2 years old. she is a beauty!