Snowed in

Options
It is really hard to avoid temptations on days like these.
The cravings go from hot chocolate to baked goods.
It seems like time isn't going by therefore dinner time feels so far away.
What do you do to stay out of the fridge? To top things of I am not feeling well so exercising is an ever harder struggle today

Replies

• michaeldpaulus
    michaeldpaulus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am stuck in today too..am trying to enjoy the break and will attempt a walk but the ice that came after the snow is dangerous will see how well the sidewalk is taken care of..
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Snowed in? Go shovel your way out! I say this in jest of course. There are some days I just can't bring myself to deal with the snow. Really though, if you want some hot chocolate then go shovel yourself enough calories.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Go do some shoveling, then when you get back inside, make yourself some hot tea and snack on some yummy fruit.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you could find a project or two to do around the house. Whenever I get bored and start to focus on food (and I am not actually hungry), I start to do some cleaning or chores to take my mind off food.

I don't know about your house, but there is always something around mine that needs cleaning or organizing! :laugh:
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Snowed in? Go shovel your way out! I say this in jest of course. There are some days I just can't bring myself to deal with the snow. Really though, if you want some hot chocolate then go shovel yourself enough calories.

I just did this! Making my hot chocolate right now! :drinker:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I do something fun that keeps me occupied and gets my hands dirty. Usually I draw, paint, or do some kind of artwork. That's my job anyways, but I usually get caught up in making something and don't want to have to bother getting all cleaned up to handle food unless I'm actually hungry. I enjoy it too. A good video game is always a great distraction too. Or re-organizing something in the house. I'm dreading it, but I'm going to re-organize my closet soon. It helps to keep things tidy and clear out crap I don't really need.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Get off the couch and go run? Build something? Play some video games? I'm snowed in and that's what I did all day.
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Shoveling snow is a great calorie burner. Make some hot veggie soup and feel good about your choice.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What do you do to stay out of the fridge?

Read or watch a movie or television. Honestly, I've been in front of the computer all day today (mostly here.)

Other possibilities: clean/organize something, plan future meals, look for recipes...

Research something you've been wanting to look up.

If you're alone play some solitaire games (cards, dice, word games, etc.) if you have housemates make them join you.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I got out my cross-country skis and did a tour of my snowbound neighborhood.

But I often work at home, so I've learned to ignore the kitchen outside of mealtimes. If I'm really hungry, I'll have a few pickles or a small piece of fruit.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    the best way to avoid temptation in the fridge is to keep tempting items out of the fridge.

or you could shovel some snow to earn back some calories?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    omg now i want hot chocolate.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Then, after you cool off again, have hot chocolate.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This is me today, also! I just did some laundry. Cleaned a bit. Straightened up some clutter. Checked email. Have been off and on this site. Planned out my checkbook for the next year (don't ask.) Watched a movie. Just ate some popcorn. Also shoveled earlier and burned 276 calories in 25 minutes (wearing a HRM.) Planned out the rest of my food for the day. Made a shopping list of things I need when I get to the store in next couple days. And now I'm on here again trying to kill some more hours until around 7 or 8 so I can have my protein shake and rest of food. Did I mention that I'm PMSing so food is really on the brain! Good thing the roads ARE bad so I don't go out and buy junk. Won't be tired enough to sleep for another 7 hours or so, so I need to keep busy. I hate feeling restless. :\
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Took me an hour and 40 minutes to shovel my drive and walk and burned 900 calories. Drank hot cocoa and had a brownie as a treat. :smile:
  • Lmsciera22
    Options
    I am having the same problem right now! I'm totally in the mood to bake cookies! I was supposed to go to dinner with a friend but the roads are too bad so we cancelled. As I said the roads are bad so going to the gym isn't going to happen and I have those sugar cravings! The hubby plowed the driveway so there isn't any shoveling to do. Maybe we should pop in a workout DVD and then reward with some hot tea. (I liked that idea to whoever it was that said tea instead of hot chocolate!)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I don't go in the kitchen when I want to stay out of the fridge. My friends think I'm nuts because I love shoveling now that I'm in better shape. I actually look forward to doing my house and my neighbor's! Makes me feel all badass. :bigsmile: