quick breakfast ideas!

Options
jeccawest91
jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
I don't like to eat before 6 AM and I have to be at work at 7:45 AM which means I normally roll out of bead around 6:30. I normally shower, get ready for work, feed the cat and get a toddler ready for school. and need to leave by 7:15 AM at the latest! If there are any other parents out there, you know that getting a toddler ready in the morning is not an easy task. Normally we don't eat breakfast because we are so on the go! My daughter eats breakfast at school so that is a plus for our early mornings but I was wondering if anyone has any quick morning healthy grab n' go breakfasts that I could try out. I know eating breakfast in the morning is very important but I need something quick and cheap! So throw your ideas at me :)

Replies

• lunarainbird
    lunarainbird Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A piece of toast with peanut butter or nutella, and a banana. Any fruit is good on the go, really!

Granola bars or fruit and nut bars (I like Nature Valley)

A handful of nuts and a piece of fruit

There are little "egg muffins" you can make on the weekend in muffin tins and just grab one on your way out. Here is a recipe. Just add whatever meats/cheeses/veggies you want. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins-2/

Whole wheat Bagel with whatever you want on it. Make it before bed, out it in the fridge and grab it when you leave.

Hope that helps. :)
  • kelseysmommy
    Options
    I like Yopa! Greek yogurt with the toppings it just feels like more than yogurt.

I have made the muffin egg cups and those are great, breakfast burritos are good too!
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies the night before and drink them at work. Or at least I did until my blender died. Now its fruit and granola bars until I replace my blender. Check out http://simplegreensmoothies.com/ for some good ideas.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    You can do a smoothie with some raw oats in it to have on the go.
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like Greek Yogurt or toast with peanut butter for a quick breakfast. Even a granola bar or protein bar is good in a pinch.
  • moveitserenity
    Options
    If you don't mind prepping the night before, muesli is a good option. It's a cold oatmeal, basically.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/125819383314051907/

That's where I first got the idea. Today I did one with one greek yogurt cup, 1/4 c. quick rolled oats, 1/2 c. milk and some cinnamon. Tasted like dessert, and kept me full until I worked out. :)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Flour(or Whole Wheat) tortilla spread with nutella and wrapped around a banana.... yummmmm!!!:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • rlnichelson
    rlnichelson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Microwave two scrambled eggs and put them in a wrap!
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    NXB4QFk.jpg?1

I live off of these. Almost every breakfast. They taste awesome!!! The croissant one is my favorite. They cost $3 and you get 4 in a package.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Breakfast isn't all that important. Research intermittent fasting.
  • KHattley
    KHattley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have oatbran porridge. Two tablespoons plus a sprinkling of sweetener and cinnamon (or any flavouring you want to add), some skimmed milk and then just 1 min in the microwave, stir and then another 45 secs or so. Yummy and filling too!
  • aoconnor3
    aoconnor3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to have hard boiled eggs in the fridge and then just grab one on the way out. You can put it on a piece of whole wheat toast and bring along a piece of fruit. Or I have recently found instant steel cut oats and put a few tablespoons of dried cranberries in it then pop it in the microwave. Or if you are more of a cook there are a lot of recipes for egg cupcake type things that are good. you just scramble up the ingredients then put them in a cupcake tin and bake them in the oven, then in the morning pop them in the microwave and go. :smile: good luck
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    If you don't mind prepping the night before, muesli is a good option. It's a cold oatmeal, basically.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/125819383314051907/

That's where I first got the idea. Today I did one with one greek yogurt cup, 1/4 c. quick rolled oats, 1/2 c. milk and some cinnamon. Tasted like dessert, and kept me full until I worked out. :)

This. So simple, so delicious and versatile.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have a two year old. I usually give him a banana or some cucumbers in the mornings just to keep him occupied while I get my stuff together. For breakfast, I've been eating an English muffin with either cream cheese or peanut butter. Usually eat a banana or a hard boiled egg with it.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain greek chobani yogurt, 1/4 cup bare naked (I use) vanilla almond granola, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup fresh fruit. I layer them in that order the night before in a container. The next morning the granola has softened, the flavoring seeps into the yogurt and it is just yummy!!

I also boil a dozen to 1 1/2 dozen eggs every week and I throw 3 into a baggie whenever I'm in a rush or looking for a snack. For breakfast, I ditch 2 of the yolks out the window to the birds and eat the whites and then I eat the 3rd one as a whole last. Then you'll have the proteins you need and it will carry you over.
  • fujiko
    fujiko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This week i've premade baked banana oats. Just added some peanut butter on top topin the morning and ate it cold... was quite a nice change.

This is where i got the recipe: http://www.southerninlaw.com/2013/12/gluten-free-vegan-baked-banana-oatmeal-with-almond-butter.html
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    pre cook some bacon, back bacon whatever
    get some pitas, thin buns or english muffins
    egg whites in the carton

throw your thin bun or english muffin the in the toaster - nuke 1/4 c egg whites for 1 min 20 secs - warm your pre-cooked meat if you want - by the time your egg whites are done your bun or english muffin is warm - throw on some cheese if you want - breakfast in about 3 mins completed if you need to wrap it in some foil and eat it in the car :smile:
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    microwaved eggs
  • HyugasHeiress
    HyugasHeiress Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always have oats cooked with milk (they can be overnight oats or not) with a banana and honey on top ! :3 it's quick and easy and of course delicious ^^
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you guys are awesome! I love all of these ideas. I may start putting our blender to work and get some super yummy smoothies out of it. thanks!