any of us with a lot to lose (perhaps 30lbs or more)

Options
so I'm definitely looking for some support, but I wanted to take a moment and quickly share my story. I've always been overweight, luckily, i was my most healthy/thinnest during high school so it wasn't too horrible for me, but since i hit 20 (i just turned 28) i've been battling my weight.
I struggled to accept myself, to love myself for who I am, and yet still take care of myself. i hated being overweight but i kept doing the same thing, and it was a cycle, and I knew this.. and ocassionally i'd lose 20-30lbs, but i'd always gain it back.
i am now the heaviest i have ever been.
i am unhappy, and honestly feel uncomfortable almost every moment of every day (with how i look). I feel like it's no longer even a choice to lose weight, it's something i have to do.. I honestly don't mind the way i look.. but how i've treated my body has got to stop.I never feel great, i never feel like myself anymore.
I'm getting married in October and I refuse to have the regret of looking back at my wedding photos and being upset about how i look.. i don't want to be a bride busting out of her dress. I just want to feel happy and confident.. i'm just so tired of always feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
can anyone else relate?... i no longer enjoy my favourite "junk" foods.. i feel horrible eating them.. i regret it immediately and I just feel like i let myself down.. this is my time.. i want to be posting my success story next January.. I just want to be a happy, healthy, confident newlywed. I owe it to myself, to really own this, and make this the last time I have to tell a story like this, or feel this way.
sorry for the long winded story.. but here's hoping someone can relate to me and my battles with my weight.

Replies

• mytimetoshine06
    Options
    I know exactly how that feels. I have been overweight my whole life and it was just getting so out of hand,I'm ready to change that now. You can do it and feel free to add me for support. :-)
  • goalie234
    goalie234 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much in the same position . Im 28 and 186 lbs and want to get to 145lbs . And as a kid bevause i was tall , i got away with being overweight . Now its just too much for me to handle and have decided to make a lifestyle change and get my body in shape . I really think if we all think of this as a healthier lifestyle and a way to lead a less troublesome old age instead of crash dieting and dropping a few dress sizes , we all can keep the weight off and also eat without starving ourselves .
    Im here if u need motivation ! Keep going !
  • MissMegannLee
    MissMegannLee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I have been heavy ever since I was about 13. While all my friends could fit into bikinis and wear really cute clothes, I was just over on the sideline in horrible clothes and uncomfortable. Being over-weight alone with a few other issues has made me have severe public anxiety. Talking to people about kills me because I am constantly thinking they are laughing at how big I am. How much acne scars I have. So I decided I am sick of it and I am going to get healthier once and for all and stick with it. For my mental healthy as well as physical health. I'm always looking to support other people so if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm willing to listen and be of as much help as I can!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I think youll find that the majority of the overweight people here feel this to some degree..some worse, some not so much. one of the great things about this place is you can share those feelings in a comfortable enviroment with people who know what your going through.

The trick is to do this for you and and the people that matter not for what you think peoples perceptions will be.

Anyone can add if they like...always happy to support
  • icicles818
    icicles818 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate...I've been heavy all my life except for high school when I was a somewhat lighter at 160. I'm barely 5ft and weigh 200lbs. Its crazy. So I've decided to make my peace with food and learn to have control over my choices. Last year I lost 32 lbs..but gained 10 back. So far, I've lost 4 of that and still pushing ahead. There are lots of ups and downs, but the support helps. Feel free to anyone to add me. Everyone needs some motivation :)
  • FeeeeMarieeee
    FeeeeMarieeee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight since I was 15. I was put on birth control and gained 50lbs ( bc may or may not have part of the blame) and have never lost it. I haven't been below 180 since 10th grade. I stepped in the scale the other day and realized I've made my way back to 190# so I'm attempting to jump back on the band wagon! Good luck to all of you!
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    I most definately can I have over 4 stone more to lose and I was that bride bursting out of her dress and the horrified at pictures that I received on honeymoon so now I am doing something about it I wish someone had said to me in the run up to the wedding lose weight but no one did I'm not blaming them it's me of course but I know if I had of been slimmer I could have picked a much nicer dress and been much more confortable and not feel that I looked like an elephant.

Add me and we can help each other :smile:
  • tinglesby
    tinglesby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i know exactly how you feel!!!! i would like to add you. youre going to rock this chicka!! lets do this together!! :)
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm probably about 30-40 lbs over where I want to be. I think I've finally hit the point where I'm tired of the weight and am really focused the past couple weeks as I'm starting (again) on the journey as handyrunner said it has to be for me and I want me to be a better me and I'm sure with the right mindset you can succeed!

I'm just getting back on here consistently so I can always use friends.
  • michellewalker8866
    Options
    I agree everyone who has or had to battle with their weight feels the same way. It sounds like you are truely ready to make a change. I enjoy reading about everyone it helps me with my own journey to get healthy. I even share my own struggles that I am having and enjoy the feed back with suggestions. I have only been on this site for about 3 months. It keeps me grounded and it helps with the food log. When you think you are not eatting that many calories and you see you are it makes you aware. Good luck with your journey. You can add me if you like.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yep! I am with you all on this! It wasn't until college that I have had troubles with my weight (before college, I was an active competitive dancer and cheerleader, so I was always a fit girl growing-up). After my first year of school I went from being 112 to 128, I've been a constant yo-yo dieter ever since... Weight watchers after the first year, gained it back, after 2nd year found a personal trainer for a while, then gained it back plus some, finally after college seeing a picture of myself extremely bloated at New Year's 2010 realized I needed to do something and joined Jenny Craig at 148 lbs (the biggest I've been). At Jenny, they taught me about how I am a stress eater, and I began to lost a ton of weight with their meals, I was 120 by July! I looked great, but I was fat skinny since I wasn't working-out from a crazy schedule of work and night school M-F (I basically lived in my car for a good year and half). Of course, once I stopped using my Jenny meals, I slowly started to see the weight creep back on.... Creeping-up to where I am now at the biggest I've ever been of 158 lbs at the age of 28!!!

So not only am I depressed from being grossly enormous for myself, but my best friend is getting married in May (and I'm a bridesmaid), my very fit boyfriend who had put some weight on with me while we've been dating is getting fit again, and I can't find anything to wear since I've busted-out all my clothes... This needs to stop!!! I need to put an end to this now. It's going to be hard, but I believe I can at least take off a good chunk before the wedding on May 17 (strapless dresses... don't want the ugly arm fat!!!) and hopefully take off enough and shape-up to wear a bikini again at the beach this summer (since I do live in walking distance to the Michigan Lake Shore in Chicago)... Especially hard given my stressful job, job searching, and taking on-line classes; and I am a stress eater. Also given my love for all the great restaurants Chicago has to offer for date nights and girls' nights out, as well as my love for craft beer. But I believe I can make this work for me. I wanna drop this sick weight and get back to 120 again!
  • tehdux0r
    tehdux0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can relate as well. Looking back to my days in high school, I thought I was overweight then, but I wasn't when I compare to how I look and feel now. I hide behind layers of clothing, dark clothes, and I never like what I see in the mirror. When I sit at my desk at work, all I can think about is how my belly feels against my belt. I have to change for myself, and after a big setback over the holidays, I need all the help I can get in getting back on my journey.