Calling ALL Brides!

Alright ladies, I'm getting married next year. The countdown is on. I want to look FAB in my dress and HOT on my honeymoon! I need some serious motivators to push me through and let me push them through! Add me if you're serious and let's motivate each other :)

Replies

• Come on, I KNOW there's tons of brides out there!
  • I think we brides should post our humiliating bulging back fat over the top of the dress photos so we all have a little something to remind us of what we really don't want people focusing on on our wedding days. I'm getting married in August and I'm terrified that I'm not going to reach my goal of 30lbs lighter. I have a hard time staying on track when my fiancée keeps bringing home fried chicken or pizza because he's not in the mood for the healthy meal I've already planned for us.

I'm taking the plunge. Here are my "before" pics. Let's see what I look like in (and out of) that dress in August....

8318120A-FADD-468F-8C50-36FA9D80C252_zpsi50w2qfh.jpg

F5ABD99D-3430-404C-A100-A712694E71FD_zpsgep43by3.jpg

BDD1EC12-9119-4D15-897A-92FB72EE5968_zpsrpryqrg1.jpg

720DB58F-2903-4D08-A6A6-334F04E927B0_zpsvgmuggcd.jpg
  • :blushing:
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Hi i'm getting married in July and looking to lose just over 30lbs. Already bought my dress only tried it on once and it almost fit at that time (though was only about 6 weeks after I gave birth!!) haven't arranged my next fitting yet! the pressure is on!
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Tried to fix your pics - sorry
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm getting married in August, too - can't wait!!!

Ordered my dress intentionally a little small, so I definitely need to lose some weight, and quick - and keep it off!

Would love to have some buddies to motivate me :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    I'm getting married next May (but I really wanted to get married this October--just not doable with my goals for weight loss, school, my career, and moving). I'd post a back fat bridal gown photo, but it's too early for me to have tried on any gowns so I don't have any pics. I'm doing dress stuff in the fall.
  • Awesome photos girl. I think you're awesome for posting and I love the dress :)
  • reilles
    reilles Posts: 12 Member
    I am getting married in June and I want to wear my Baba's dress from 1953. When I tried it on I weighed around 137 lbs and it was too tight and some of the buttons bulged a bit :(. But now I am down to 132 lbs and I told myself that I can try it again when I reach 130 lbs. It is really good motivation, because I definitely don't want to have to buy a dress, but I am a grad student and dieting can be really hard sometimes because I need a lot of energy to get done all I have to do and I get really stressed at certain times and just NEED chocolate (especially when marking French exams, ugh).
    As soon as the semester ends I plan to join a fitness class to tone up a bit.
  • Im getting married on August or September. We are kind of going to elope, so there are no concrete plans yet, lol. But it IS happening before the end of 2014. I haven't started dress shopping yet; I want to lose about 20 more lbs before I start looking. I know if I start now it will just be uber-depressing!
  • reilles
    reilles Posts: 12 Member
    BTW feel free to add me. I don't have many MFP friends and I am curious about other people's diet and exercise plans.
  • I'm 19 years old. Getting married on August 2nd this summer!! I have lost 49 lbs since late summer 2013. My goal is to lose 25 more lbs before the wedding. I've seemed to hit a plateau and haven't gotten past 181 lbs this whole month. April has been tough. I'm eating the same healthy meals but am afraid that i'll have to be living in the gym until the wedding in order to get where I want. Any suggestions for making this easier on me? I do 30 minutes at the gym at least 3 nights a week. Should I be doing more? Anything exercises that help shred fat fast? Help please!
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    I'm getting married in April next year - feel free to add me! I've just started dress shopping so getting serious with the weight loss!
  • lcm031
    lcm031 Posts: 5 Member
    Me too! :) Getting married in November this year. Wanted to lose 33lbs as I've been wanting to lose weight properly for a couple of years now and just never really got started - lost 7lbs so far now so really really want 26 more, but this is the trickiest part for me trying to get below a level I've lost and then gained again a few times, so really want to push through!! Good luck to you all and sure you will all look and feel amazing and have the loveliest days when your weddings come round! :):flowerforyou:
  • I'm getting married in October and am simply looking to lose ALL the weight that I can. I'm not willing to put a number on it because I don't want to be disappointed if I don't make it to that number. My goal is to just look the best I can that day and work my butt off until that day comes. I have 172 days until the wedding!

I'm currently at 200lb even this morning. When my fiancé and I met I was 145lb! That'd be nice to see again!!
  • Lissette_Brooks
    Lissette_Brooks Posts: 173 Member
    I'm getting married May 2015. I would love to help give/ get some motivation from brides on a mission. Add me!! :drinker:
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    I'm getting married October 2015. I know it is a while away but I have about 80lbs total to lose, but I would like to lose at least 40 by the wedding.

First dress fitting this July, so I'd like to lose 20 before that date!
  • I'm getting married Jan 2015 ! Can't wait :)

I have not got heaps of weight to lose but am hoping I can lose 5-6kg by the time The Dress arrives in September and then maybe a couple more before the big day.

Also want to sculpt some lovely arms and back muscles (as they are expose in the dress!).

So focussing my exercise on lifting, running and yoga (because that's what I love).

I have struggled to really get started with my plan but with 3 months till the first fitting it is time to get serious!

Feel free to add me - I love supporting/supportive friends :)
  • FantineRose
    FantineRose Posts: 12 Member
    Getting married Oct 2014! Down 15 pounds and would love to see another 10-15 come off before my wedding dress comes arrives in July :) Feel free to add!
  • eribrennan
    eribrennan Posts: 1 Member
    Getting married April 2015 and I would love to lose another 35 lbs, but I'd settle for 20! I'm 5'0" so I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I have yo-yo'ed up and down, gaining about 30lbs each winter and trying to drop it by May. My final goal is to not only lose weight for the wedding, but to get fit, healthy, and not let it come back this time! My strategy is to set small goals along the way - 5 more lbs before I'll even look for a dress. I'm all about motivation and would love to get some more friends who are serious!! Feel free to add and congrats to all brides to be =)