Afraid to go to sleep hungry

Options
My biggest fear is to go to bed hungry, no way can I fall asleep with a growling stomach!
Anyone out there have any advice? This fear does lead me eating into later hours of the night.
I dot have a regular time I go to bed, when I get my kids to fall asleep Is generally when I do
And lately that's been around 11:00 even midnight! I'm working on them going sooner but this
Is what it is. I really want to lose weight and get over this issue. Thank you everyone.

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs and never went to bed hungry - that is not part of a sustainable lifestyle...Eat enough - you should never eat so little that you go to bed hungry....
    And the timing of when you eat won't make any difference - I have a late night snack every night right before I go to bed...
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned from MFP is that what time you eat is not relevant to weight loss. Eat later if it makes you more comfortable. Drinking water also helps sooth hunger, it also increases your exercise with night trips to the bathroom! :wink:

Protein shakes are a good way to fill your stomach and keep it under 300 calories, a good late snack.
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That definitely makes me feel much better! I have a family
    Member in my life who is rather negative towards me and
    My weight issue and they are always saying I eat too late and
    It's a big issue! I just want to be healthy and not hate myself
    While getting there.
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Carrots and/or celery before bed. So few calories but enough to sustain you.
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • knotflower
    knotflower Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue a lot, and the best way I've found to fix it is by planning a little portion of protein (1/2 a tin of tuna or maybe a small protein shake as mentioned above) to have an hour before I go to sleep. Protein takes longer to digest, and will keep you satiated longer than carbs or fats.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Easy fix...eat something!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue a lot, and the best way I've found to fix it is by planning a little portion of protein (1/2 a tin of tuna or maybe a small protein shake as mentioned above) to have an hour before I go to sleep. Protein takes longer to digest, and will keep you satiated longer than carbs or fats.

Perfect advice, it's what I was going to suggest. Another idea for a protein boost is Dannon Light and Fit yogurt. One serving is only 80 calories and 12 grams of protein.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never go to bed hungry. Just save calories for before bed.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have never, ever been hungry on my plan. I might add that good evening snacks might include a boiled egg or some string cheese. I will sometimes make myself some chocolate milk with 1% milk and low-sugar chocolate syrup.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    1. There's no magic time that you're not allowed to eat after
    2. Nothing tragic will happen if you go to bed hungry
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My late night snack is usually apple slices & PB2. But really, you can eat whatever you want as long as you have calories left for it! During the week, my days are so structured that I always have lots of calories left at the end of a day, so I usually have lots of late night snacks in order to get close to my goal!