Babarrosa1
Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
Bought a 1kg bag of dry couscous.

I'd enjoy some delicious recipes please :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Sylv93
    Sylv93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ooh ooh! flavour it with lemon and coriander (also known as cilantro). Its good with grilled salmon and veggies!
  • smadarieta
    Options
    I like to add a cup to any good low calorie soup, or just add vegetable with a cooked cup of it. Very filling
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I like to add a cup to any good low calorie soup, or just add vegetable with a cooked cup of it. Very filling

^ Never tried it in soup, but I would be willing to give it a try. I always eat mine w/black beans. As a matter of fact, I just had that combination. :smile:
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Veggies and chickpeas! I usually pick peppers, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Great for packing lunch!
  • pammypurple
    pammypurple Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, peppers, olives, a little mozzarella and fresh juicy cherry tomatoes.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    With chicken, onions, peppers, raisins and spiced with cinnamon.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i take a cup of cooked couscous... add chopped egg whites and a squished yolk.... some miracle whip light and a bunch of paprika... yummmmm. i eat this 3 times a week for lunch right from the bowl!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    With chicken, onions, peppers, raisins and spiced with cinnamon.

I always put raisins and onions in mine! Sometimes chicken too. Cinnamon sounds PERFECT.
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    garlic, chickpeas, fresh mint, fresh parsley, feta, tomatoes, scallions, seeded cucumber and a touch of greek-style dressing. More veggies...less veggies is your choice.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bison Tomato Curry
    http://www.hdmb.net/2011/06/bison-tomato-curry.html - Serve over cous cous (Beef can be substituted for the Bison)

(Any curry served with cous cous is good :drinker: )

Creamy Lemon Chicken
    http://www.hdmb.net/2011/06/creamy-lemon-chicken.html

Main dish + side dish in one pan.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    ............. anything! Add some cumin for that exotic taste. Hot, cold, couscous is awesome! :smile:
  • Sundried tomato and roast vegetables ... nom nom nom
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    red and green bell pepper, cranberries, minced pecans, a dash of champagne vinegar or champagne dressing. Throw in some chopped chicken if you want to add protein.
  • enjoythesound
    enjoythesound Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it with chicken or white fish and veggies! Carrots, zucchinis and broccoli are my favorites to eat with.
    In Moroccan cuisine (we have a lot of north African dishes here in France) they eat it with lamb or chicken, chickpeas and a lot of veggies including onions, carrots, turnips, cabbage, squash, tomatoes, ... (just google Moroccan couscous recipe!)

During summer time, I like to make tabouli (not sure this is the right translation) and I use couscous very often to make "cold salads" in replacement of pasta or rice. I make a lot of variations but my favorite is with cucumber, sweet peppers, tomatoes and corn.

Oh and you can add a dash of lemon or fresh mint to the water when cooking to flavour it a bit! you can also use chicken/veggie broth and a drop of harissa (chili pepper paste) to spice it up!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I mix:
    2/3 cup couscous
    1 cup cooked wild rice
    pomegranate seeds from one pomegranate
    1/4 cup raw cashews
    1/4 cup raisins

no dressing - the flavours blend together

eat it hot or cold - like it cold

If you can't get pomegranate I have just made it with dried cranberries to replace those and have also made it with added things like pumpkin seeds or raw almonds. It's kind of yummy - now I want to make it :flowerforyou:
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    This week for lunch I've been having: 1/2 cup of couscous with chicken breast and cabbage or broccoli

Clean and simple. :)
  • omsmom12
    omsmom12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just make it with chicken broth instead of water and add a little chopped parsley and a very light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil when it's done. Delicious and quick.
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Couscous is so delicious! Cant believe I've only just discovered it. I'll definitely be trying out some of these recipes.

Thanks everyone :D