Women with open food diary! ( or share recipes)

Options
Hi all,

I keep getting bored with eating the same things over and over. I've run out of ideas on how to switch it up!

I would love to see women with open diaries to get some new ideas! I know you can eat almost anything in moderation, and keep it healthy. I'm looking for ideas on lunch and dinner recipes/ideas. They can be simple or elaborate. I try to incorporate healthy fats and carbs along with a protein in every meal.

Btw, I don't eat seafood (only shrimp- and rarely)

Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• Billybegood
    Billybegood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mines open but I'm vegeterian and tend to eat ready meals so not sure how useful it'll be ;-)
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com and iowagirleats.com for some great idea. Iowa girl doesn't always have "healthy" recipes but most of them are along those lines. But like you said, anything in moderation :) Happy hunting!

BTW, my diary is open and while it's honest, it's not always the best.
  • cabrerva
    cabrerva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will check it out, I LOVE tasty filling vegeterian meals (a lot of vegetarians in my office, but we are always on the go, so it's not easy to have time for recipe sharing!)
  • cabrerva
    Options
    I've checked out SkinnyTaste, I'll give them a try again! I think your diary might be open to just friends though, just tried to look. Thanks anyway :)
  • snow00774
    Options
    mine is open, kinda boring but you might get some ideas. there is a gap from about July 2012 to now but you can go back there and see if anything sounds good.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. You will have to decide whether it is interesting or not.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I don't usually publish my recipes, but most food I do eat I cook from scratch. I don't consider it to be very exciting, though. :laugh:
  • cabrerva
    Options
    Thanks! BTW saw your post on the monitors. I recently returned my Fitbit Force. Hubby got it for me as a Christmas present. I was extremely excited to track my sleep and my how active I was throughout the day. I was disappointed by it, I gave it 3 weeks, and decided it was not helping me with my goals. I am constantly on the go, and it was fun to have the Fibit tell me how many steps I had accomplished throughout the day. However, I found it was not actually helping me, and the information was just sitting there. The sleep feature was also not great, I found I struggled to remember to manually set it every night before going to sleep, or set it every morning after forgetting the last night. It always overestimated my steps too!

I do plan to get a Heart Rate Monitor to use to help better calculate calories burned during my workouts! Half the price too!
  • cabrerva
    Options
    I think anything new for me will be interesting, thank you!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and you are welcome to browse. I cook most dinners from scratch and if something looks like a recipe, I will be happy to share if I can.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    SkinnyTaste is my favorite. Also try Undressed Skeleton and SkinnyMinnieMoves.com.

My diary is open!
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend to see my diary! I also LOVE getting ideas from others :)
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends! Add me!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Mine is never, ever, ever closed. Have a look if you wish.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mine's open :smile: I cook a lot from scratch (but am guilty of takeaways too!) and always try to cook balanced meals. Most of my recipes are saved as recipes as there are too many ingredients to list, but if anything interests you I'm happy to share recipe links!
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Mine's open to friends. I guess we need to cycle meals but you're welcome to add me and look. This week we've had veggie fishcake things and a Quorn chicken curry. On the meal plan is; cheeseburgers, meatballs, poached fish etc...
  • Beachchic1977
    Beachchic1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    feel free to check mine out. I too am not a fan of seafood.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Mine's open!
    I don't store recipes in fitness pal, but I turn to Epicurious.com a lot and just search under the "healthy options" (some of which are a JOKE but others are great)
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mine's open too - it can be kind of boring sometimes since I'm just cooking for one right now.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    mines open. and i cook a lot