What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Pointer / Mab / Beagle mix who was brought up to MN from a shelter in Alabama.

She's still not too fond of winter.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    A Rottweiler and a pound puppy....
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. She is almost 3 years old. Crazy thing, but a GREAT dog!!
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have a newfoundland. she will be 3 in august. she is my only pet and she is a love.

I LOVE Newfoundlands...if it weren't for the shedding I'd definitely have gotten one of those (not that I'd trade my current dog for anything of course). That and the fact that there doesn't seem to be a lot of Newf breeders in my neck of the woods. Do you have any pics?
  • sunnyeuphoria
    sunnyeuphoria Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A mini schnauzer that's 5 yrs old... and a black lab/bloodhound mix puppy that's 10 weeks... and a 10 week old pit bull/jack Russell/shihtzu mix puppy... and a Doberman pinscher who is 7 yrs old...and a....
  • countrybabe23
    Options
    Two rottweilers and a baby pit.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have an Akita mix boy that will be 3 on/about St Patrick's Day. I say that 3/17 is his birthday because we only had an approximate age on him when he was adopted and his adoption day was 3/17 (when he was 1 year old).

Working with Paws to the Rescue at Marion County Animal Shelter, in South Carolina, to get my boy inspired me to get involved with animal rescuing. I started out (and have primarily stuck with) transporting the rescues. I also do fundraising, PR, promote spay/neuter programs, and have fostered a German Shorthair Pointer female (she's available for adoption, if anyone is interested).

Pics of my boy (the profile pic) and our rescue efforts can be seen at www.facebook.com/MRMRescueTransports.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    Bullmastiff
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The very best kind! That is, no dog. Stinky slobbery gross things. :laugh: To each their own, I suppose.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a little Jack Russel Lab mix. Rescued him from the humane society, and he is adorable!

1016181_10151531178202087_929128069_n.jpg[img][/img]
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have a 22 pound mixed breed from a rescue. She is my running, hiking, walking, laying around, personal trainer.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Hungarian Viszlas. They need a lot of running. Well, I run. They walk.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    I have an 18 mo Vizsla named Hobbes, named after the tiger in the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons. He is my running partner and makes sure I get out there every day.
    33tle7q.jpg
  • denfrank
    denfrank Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We have Rubie, a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog.
    She likes to stick her snout in the snow to check her pee-mail.
    She is the glue that binds in our family.
    h6wVBuO.jpg?1
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    DogGoatRAUSTIN_450x500.jpg
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Boston Terrier named Grr, named after the character from Invader Zim. His AKC name is "Grr Makes Waffles Lehmer"

(Not my dog, couldn't find an online picture!)
    abostonterrier.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlOpbIUzW5PwJ5gtohVoyCOV40Tp37LwerKoMIAcNTI7lxZWRodA
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I HATED dogs & was terrified of them. However, one day while out doing a 9 mile run, I had a stray follow me home the remaining 4 miles. We ended up keeping him (after checking to see if he was chipped & posting/searching for owners) and he's now my biggest baby. He's an 80 lb. 2 1/2 year old Black Lab/Pitbull mix and this the sweetest dog ever! He's named Shadow, due to the fact that he was my shadow during that run (and has been ever since) & because he's black.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Folks who have never had a dog to love and be loved by, have not lived. Just saying. :smile:
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have border collie/Australian shepherd mix. He's about four years old and he's often my walking buddy. He usually gets more excited about the walks than I do and sometimes he'll not even let me put my shoes on, he's in such a hurry to get out the door.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Jack Russell and Two Border Collie babies. Great combo!

1522006_10151780759590213_924187132_n.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are very active, lol

They do get me out of the house :smile:
    Having said that it's been extremely rainy and stormy, windy and cold here lately... Although I still go out running the hassle of drying extremely wet dogs caked in mud is a bit much sometimes.