WOOT WOOT, got an NSV here!!!!!

Options
I know that part of the process in losing weight is to take the small steps and look them as BIG strides... Share a recent non scale victory here!

Mine, I have 2 that happen today - someone brought in donuts and I passed them up. Just didn't want it.

The other NSV for me this morning was when i stopped for breakfast tacos, I always get 2 - I only ate one. Looked at my day (I am bad at planning meaLs ahead and am working on that) but I put in all my meals and foods for today and decided I didn't really need the other taco, wasn't really that hungry so I didn't eat it!!!

WHATS YOUR NSV?

Replies

• donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    awesome! Celebrate every little victory!:happy:
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I stopped to buy a salad on the way to work. Then I walked through the bakery at the store and was tempted to bring in donuts to the office. I picked up the package. I started walking to the checkouts. I stopped. I thought about how lousy being unfit feels. I put the donuts back.

I'm a junk food junkie. I admit it. I can never eat just one of anything when it comes to junk food, donuts, cookies, candy, chocolate, etc. In the checkout line, I picked up a candy bar. Then I thought about all the sugar in the candy bar. I thought about all the health problems that come with being insulin resistant. I put the candy bar back.

Full disclosure: I ate the whole salad, including the bacon bits and the chicken. But I didn't put any of the buttermilk ranch dressing on the salad. There must be a NSV in there somewhere.
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    way to go Lake Country
  • farmboyphotography
    Options
    way to go Lake Country

Thank you, thank you very much! :flowerforyou:
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't bring lunch to work. So, I got online to order Pizza Rolls from Pizza Hut. Since I have to track them on here, I looked up Nutritional Info. 380 calories A PIECE! So.... I clicked off the Pizza Hut tab. Then I went to the Subway site to see how much my sandwich was. 490. So, I went to HEB and bought an Amy's organic burrito.

NSV :)
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I stopped to buy a salad on the way to work. Then I walked through the bakery at the store and was tempted to bring in donuts to the office. I picked up the package. I started walking to the checkouts. I stopped. I thought about how lousy being unfit feels. I put the donuts back.

I'm a junk food junkie. I admit it. I can never eat just one of anything when it comes to junk food, donuts, cookies, candy, chocolate, etc. In the checkout line, I picked up a candy bar. Then I thought about all the sugar in the candy bar. I thought about all the health problems that come with being insulin resistant. I put the candy bar back.

Full disclosure: I ate the whole salad, including the bacon bits and the chicken. But I didn't put any of the buttermilk ranch dressing on the salad. There must be a NSV in there somewhere.

Looks like a bunch to me...you put the donuts and the candy bar back. You thought before you bought! And no dressing on the salad...hey Ill give you at least 4!!! WTG!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Mine for today...well my workout partner and I finished our workout and were heading to the locker room downstairs. She said, hey we still have 5 more minutes to get our full workout in...so we ran up and down the stairs to finish out our time! Yes...I think she officially hates me now. Go us!
  • maddiejaymes
    maddiejaymes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Last week I put on my olllld size 20 jeans and they fit. I wore them with a size 2xl old navy v-neck and an oversized xl sweater.
    In september, I wore size 28 jeans and 4x tops, so I am slowlyyyy making my way down! :)
    Yes I know I have a longgg way to go.
  • farmboyphotography
    Options
    She said, hey we still have 5 more minutes to get our full workout in...so we ran up and down the stairs to finish out our time! Yes...I think she officially hates me now. Go us!

That is a fantastic way to end your workout! Great effort! Running stairs is a good workout, but by the 300th time up and down, its challenging. :laugh:
  • farmboyphotography
    Options

Looks like a bunch to me...you put the donuts and the candy bar back. You thought before you bought! And no dressing on the salad...hey Ill give you at least 4!!! WTG!

Str8bowbabe, thank you. Too kind of you! :drinker: But maybe it helps to put my comments in context? After I posted here, I elaborated on my thought process and my weakness for certain foods. I may need to further elaborate on the last couple comments I make in the post, but I am not sure.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lakecountryzoo/view/confessions-of-a-food-junkie-625234
  • paleopin
    Options
    Wanted to eat the chocolate donuts my mom bought then decided to eat fruit instead. I went over my calories today, but it could have been a lot worse if I let myself binge : /
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts, but here goes...

I had initially planned to have a couple slices of pizza (Home Run Inn Ultra Thin Crust Sausage) after my Zumba class last night. Turns out it was the instructor's b-day, so after class we had refreshments (fresh fruit, Chobani yogurt, juice, cinnamon loaf cake). After the refreshments I had (which I dutifully logged), I still had almost 500 calories left over for the day (after including the workout). I got home & saw the leftover pizza in the fridge...but realized I wasn't hungry. I didn't feel deprived, and had enough calories for the day.

I kind of felt like Po in Kung Fu Panda, after he FINALLY gets the dumpling...but then realizes he isn't hungry. :happy:
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we went for our friends son's 1st birthday celebrations. And we went for Indian food. Normally I have 2 roti breads with lots of curries. Yesterday, I just had one roti with spoon of lamb and chicken curries, and was still with in my calorie goas. And I did not even taste the cake.
  • amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress a month ago from Goodwill for a wedding but sadly it didn't fit and since that wedding I have lost about 14 lbs. I tried on the dress this morning and it FITS with room! In the past year I have lost 36 lbs. It's been slow because I've had two surgeries in the past year but don't anticipate anymore and have been back on the grind for a month now. It feels great! Just want to share this wahoo moment with everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!