Quick, Easy and Satisfying Dinner Ideas????

Options
Sounds like a tall order but I'm looking for some variety to jazz up dinner.
Any ideas? Looking forward to reading your recipes.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    When I get stuck in a rut I usually go to the Eating Well website and see if there is anything on there to inspire me.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey tacos. it takes like 15 minutes to make. So delicious! And if you want to ditch the extra carbs wrap your taco in a lettuce leaf.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Curry from the local takeaway....
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea for tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    All your suggestions sound great, especially the takeout option....lol

I'm also looking for positive people to join my circle of support because I have really motivated to meet my goal. If any of you are interested just send a friend request.

Thanks in advance and good luck on your journey.
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    An omelet with an ounce of feta or other tangy cheese and a lot of vegetables like mushrooms, peppers, scallions etc. Very satisfying. Very quick. Food diary friendly.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Southwest Quinoa salad: Cook quinoa in broth for 15 minutes, add black beans, corn, cilantro, grilled/sauteed peppers and onions. Serve with salsa. Full of protein and delicious!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I make chicken breasts in the crockpot and then shred it for salads, tacos, sammichs. And then refrigerate it for whenever im lazy.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I always like grilling a piece of chicken shredding it up in brown rice with chopped avocado and black beans.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that chicken wings (like... raw ones from the grocery store) are actually not high-cal at all. Easy to make -- I seasoned them with cayenne, cumin, and Frank's Buffalo sauce and just popped them under the broiler -- and pretty satisfying. Throw 'em under the broiler, steam some veggies, bam.
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    This sounds AWESOME!!!!!

I really thought I would have to give up Wings and Beer but this sounds great. Now, the beer portion is still a work in progress...lol

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    Sounds great and easy!!!
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    Yeah know, I just bought Quinoa at the market, wanted a delis receipe for it and now I have one. This may be dinner for tonight.

Thanks and keep them coming.
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    Finally, something with cheese because I love it so.

Thanks
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yeah know, I just bought Quinoa at the market, wanted a delis receipe for it and now I have one.

The biggest thing to keep in mind for quinoa is to cook it in broth. I didn't know that at first and thought it was awful. But a friend told me to use broth and suddenly I loved it! I also like to add some herbs and spices to the broth, maybe a squirt of lemon juice or some lemon zest (or lime for the recipe above to keep with the Mexican flavoring).
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Extra lean mince! It sounds so silly, but shopping for mince I was finding that all of the standard and lean mince packs were nearly 200cal/100g, except for this one extra lean pack at only 123cal/100g. It's filling just being able to have more of it for the same number of calories and mince works in everything.

For dinner on Tuesday, I mixed 150g mince (per person) with some onion, mushroom, sweetcorn and a homemade tomato sauce with microwave steam veggies on the side. I boiled some string beans with it, but exclude those and you're only looking at one frying pan and the microwave. 322cals and even the boyfriend was full.
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Costco sells individually wrapped fish piece (mahi mahi, talapia, salmon, etc). They defrost quickly, you can saute, grill, broil, whatever them with basic seasoning and a steamed veggie. It cooks up really quick for weeknight dinners.

Any vegetable roasted, I have broccoli in the oven right now. Roast things at 350 for 10-30 minutes depending on what type of veg it is. More dense food needs longer, like beets and sweet potato. Lighter things need less time like kale, thin sliced broccoli.

Another favorite is meat in a marinade, if you set it up the night before you have pressure to make sure you cook it and eat it. We use the BBQ a lot.
  • kayleighadrianne
    Options
    Salsa Chicken!

Chicken breasts and salsa (I use homemade) in a baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake on 400 for 35-40 minutes.

Serve over romains and spinach with a little bit of sour cream(I use tofu), and some extra salsa(cold).

One of my favorite healthy meals ever and sooo easy!
  • lnpjersey1
    Options
    Both of the last two suggestions sounds great and it does make things easy. I have tried to pre-plan meals with your suggestions in mind instead of coming home starving and grabbing anything.

Thanks everyone. Keep the suggestions coming. Remember, I'm open for new friends, so send a request. I have a great group of encouraging friends and you could be one of them. :-)