Going over

Options
Today i went over my maintenance calories of 1650- I had about 1840-1890ish. I'm not to upset because I know one day wont harm me in the long run, but tomorrow should I eat 200 less, or 100 less tomorrow and 100 less on Friday?

Replies

• brad81684
    Options
    I could be wrong but I don't really think it'd make a difference.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I keep any eye on my weekly totals. Some days you eat a little more, some a little less. Not a problem.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Eating my usual calories tomorrow will be okay? I always hear people saying if you go over you need to cut out calories the following day.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I would just call it a wash and eat normally tomorrow.

Everyone goes over sometimes and it's good that you don't seem hung up over it!

:drinker:
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I agree with the weekly total. I would try to stay under my weekly goal and you should lose weight. So at some point you will have to stay under your calorie goal of today to make up for it.
    Best of luck
    Stef.
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I agree, I try to keep with my weekly totals and goals
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    If it were me I would probably try to reduce my calories sometime during that same week, but I wouldn't do it at the cost of feeling decent. If I am legitimately hungry (not thirsty, not craving, etc), I will eat something, no matter what the calories say.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Eating my usual calories tomorrow will be okay? I always hear people saying if you go over you need to cut out calories the following day.

Whaaaaat? No way. Punishing yourself is totally defeatist - just aim for the week to break even and if you don't achieve that then please don't start radically restricting your intake to make up for it. Just try better next week.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's no one right approach - you can eat your usual cals, or cut down a bit for the next 1,2 3, days. It's not a big deal.