Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm 25yrs looking for support as Ive 39kgs to loose and be the perfect 65kgs I'm scared of this change i know it wont be easy but I'm a binge eater trying to stop my craving for sweet this time I'm serious I'm hoping to find friends who can help me in this journey as I feel lonely having a skinny family doesn't help as they don't understand what i'm going through and how hard is it.. I finally made the 1st step and got me a personal trainer three times a week for the next 6months wish me luck

I would like to her any tips from everyone feel free to post:smile :smile:

Hana

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hi Hana (love that name!). Welcome to the community.

Good for you for making the choice to change your life around. Hiring a personal trainer is a big step and commitment. Hopefully she or he takes their job seriously, as many professionals in that field do not.

You mention that you're a binge eater. How do you plan on kicking that habit to the curb? Might I suggest identifying the main reasons why you binge eat in the first place.

Wish you the best!
  • sweet_innocent
    Options
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for welcoming me dear well im giving the personal trainer thing ago as i feel lost at the gym and dont know what to do or where to start from and believe me she is doing her job and pushing me as i go back home with my body aching everyday for 3/4days :sad: hahahaa but that is sweet pain.

I really dont know what to do about binge eating im trying to stay away from the supermarket and if i had to go to one try not to carry much cash or cards with me just the amount i need to buy what i need its working so far. Well i binge eat since i ran away from home i was 15 maybe its guilt mixed with my parents reminding me that im some sort of failure cause i couldnt finish Uni even though i went back to uni and ive a good job as claim manager and i study from home to finish my uni degree i feel like a failure which depress me and i run to food to feel better. and being big and being called big as well makes me lock myself in my bedroom and eat its like food is my best friend I dont have friends never did in my life and even if i had one i dont know what would i do with them :s im more comfortable having online mates.. maybe i need a real help

Ps. god ive so much issues reading it back i sound like miserable person

Hana
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

we have about the same amount of weight to loose. I'm opting for a 40kg weight loss, to reach 70kg. Maybe when/if I get there, I might as well go down to 65, but I will be merrily happy to be "only" 70kgs. Haven't been there for 21 years I think, since my 1st pregnancy ( my daughter is 20 years old).

With such an amount it's hard to stay in tune, as you think it's gonna last forever to reach that goal :-/

Congratulations on getting that personal trainer though! She'll get you going ;-)
    I've made the experience that once I exercise on a regular basis, I do feel less hungry all over, though differently. I am hungry in the morning, and need my first snack after breakfast earlier, but it doesn't need to be as big as before. Overall I eat less when exercising. Maybe you have the same effect, once your body notices the changes you're doing.

About the binging problem.... first of all: You are NOT a failure! You say you have a good job, you're studying to get a dregree and you started doing something about your weight! These are at least 3 good points that show that you are NOT a failure!!! You just need to start believing it :-) If you feel the urge to binge, try to keep your mind and hands busy with other things than just food, like moving to a different room for a few minutes, start a short workout (walk for 15 minutes....), have a chat with mates (keeps your fingers busy on keyboard) . Just do something that distracts your thoughts away from food!

Good luck!

MM
  • sweet_innocent
    Options
    hey Mamoonie,

hope your day is going smoothly, thanks for the encouragement dear means a lot :happy: i was doing the food tracker im loving it as it tells me if i go above the cals so i can keep an eye on it... Had a 45 mins session today and boy it was painful had upper body workout and feeling soo sore i neva knew i had so much muscels in my body :laugh: but when i came out of the gym i felt good i know its my third session but it feels like im getting a step closer to my dream body..

Can you tell me how tall are you? im 174cm its great to have someone who have the same goal as you..well done for losing 6kgs May I ask how long did it take you to lose it.. I've tried every diet on planet you name it and im sick of it now i wna be able to eat enjoy food and manage to stay in shape... i hope we can become friends and support each other all the way through this journey dear one more thing CAn i add you?!

Hope to hear from you soon and have a lovely day

Xoxo

Hana
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

I added you as a friend, thanks for asking :-)

The food tracker isn't the best thing in the world: shows me I still eat too much and not healthy enough :mad:
    But it's good to know where we can change for the better! I mostly love the "in 5 weeks", when it's going down, I've not been too bad yet. Once it goes up, I know it's high time to get going!!!

Been swimming for an hour yesterday, really swimming, not the thing I do when my SIL is with me (like: walking and chatting vs running). I don't believe the calories are right, but it feels good to have burnt soo much.

I'm 1.69 tall.

I've lost those 6 kgs in about 2 months. I've been tracking since 1st of August, but seriously doing it since mid September. I haven't changed a lot though, mainly portion control so far. Trying to eat less, sometimes I even manage to make a better healthier choice, and started exercising a bit, stationary bike and swimming, and if I feel really good, I even do a little bit of strength training.

MM