Night Hunger

Options
I am always so hungry at night! It does not make any sense because my biggest meal is usually dinner. I am eating all of my calories too. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ummm hell yeah! Lol. But yes pretty much every night as I work till 4am so I am always hungry. But I think it's a boredom thing. Finally at the end of the day so let's chill and eat. If you try your best to stick it out within 2 weeks the hunger will subside. Worked for me
  • allyleelee
    allyleelee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry at night too. Usually with a sweet tooth. For a low carb option..you can always do a egg white omelette with a little veggies or for a sweet version...try mixing egg whites with a little cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla extract, and sweetener. Cook like an omelette and top with a small serving of natural peanut butter:)
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have some Greek yogurt at night? I always make it my dessert!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mejnl0uTaQ1qj13p7o1_500.gif
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    It is weird because I am a month and a half into the process and it just started. I usually do what I call a ham pickle (pickle wrapped in ham haha) and a light baby bell. Plus I chug a whole nalgene. That sweet sweet omelette sounds really good. Thanks! Any other ideas?
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    tumblr_mejnl0uTaQ1qj13p7o1_500.gif

OMG I love this ^
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly? Next to no calories and fills the sweet craving.
  • nwrainyday
    Options
    I have the same problem and I think maybe it's because we don't have any food to look forward to after dinner. The rest of the day I can hold out between meals and snacks because I know another is coming. If you think this might be part of it, maybe budget in a bedtime snack. I mean, I know it's not great to eat right before bed, but if a late snack keeps you sane all evening, I don't see the harm.
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    I have the same problem and I think maybe it's because we don't have any food to look forward to after dinner. The rest of the day I can hold out between meals and snacks because I know another is coming. If you think this might be part of it, maybe budget in a bedtime snack. I mean, I know it's not great to eat right before bed, but if a late snack keeps you sane all evening, I don't see the harm.

That is probably part of it too. I have this weird OCD issue where I feel the need to leave like 100 calories left at the end of the day in case I did not count something right. I guess that is a whole other issue though.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do. I have been failing a lot lately. I get home and I start to snack or eat an unhealthy dinner. I think boredom is part of the problem. :sad: Not like I don't have a million things to do!!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    What helped me was to try to get in at least 100 grams of protein throughout the day. Protein is a slow release energy, helping to feel full longer. Plus, it helps to retain muscle.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really like Greek yogurt with a handful of berries right before I go to bed. It's sweet so it tastes like dessert but it's filling because of the protein in it. Plus it's only 110 calories!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    usually do what I call a ham pickle (pickle wrapped in ham haha) and a light baby bell.

I think I just dry heaved…no wait, I actually heaved….
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    usually do what I call a ham pickle (pickle wrapped in ham haha) and a light baby bell.

I know a sodium bomb! Sorry to gross you out!
  • ndj1979
    Options

I know a sodium bomb! Sorry to gross you out!

its not the sodium..ham wrapped in a pickle???? Sorry, just sounds bad…
  • ndj1979
    Options
    you could always slug down a glass of water or protein shake...
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband is a powerlifter and he is always hungry.... It's common for him to have cottage cheese or greek yogurt at night. I'm newer at this and feeling hungry at night, too, but for the first time, I'm NOT giving in. I think its because I use different essential oils to flavor my water so I'm still tasting things and I set my food log to public and I don't want to shame myself by having to log a late night sugar gorge!! Best luck!
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Sometimes I just go to sleep to avoid eating! I do always drink a whole 32 oz of water before snacking to see if it works. Also addressing the ham pickle doubter, haven't you ever had those little pickle ham cream cheese things at parties or picnics?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Also addressing the ham pickle doubter, haven't you ever had those little pickle ham cream cheese things at parties or picnics?

NO….
  • SkinnyRach22
    Options
    Also addressing the ham pickle doubter, haven't you ever had those little pickle ham cream cheese things at parties or picnics?

NO….

Maybe it is a midwest thing. It is pretty tasty though!