I miss donuts.

Options
I even dreamt about them the other night!

I'm on week 4 of a diet change, and today was my first time cheating in all that time. I had a small party slice of pizza and 5 French fries. It felt good and horrible all at once.

This is the first time in my life (I'll be 27 in 10 days) that I have ever taken it seriously how important your diet is to your health. I was having constant stomach aches so I kept a food journal to figure out what might be making me sick, and I narrowed it down to a few things, including lactose and soy. I decided to cut out those things of course, and also soda, sugars and sweeteners, beef, pork, and empty carbs(pasta, bread, biscuits... donuts).

In the past 3 weeks(week one I was still achy) I am glad to say that I haven't had any stomach aches OR headaches at all! It's a great feeling that I haven't felt in a longggg time! clean eating is the way to go for me! So happy I decided to make the change!

but I still miss donuts lol

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    you should have a donut. hopefully its not the culprit of your general feeling of crapiness!!

I love cupcakes, and chocolate of the fancy schmancy variety. And ice cream. I make room for them because i love them and my life would be less fun without them :)

I'm lactose intolerant so I have to skip milk in most things but I love LOVE ice cream (must be the good stuff, Ben&Jerry are my guys!!!) so I use lactaid or almond milk in most things, I can have cheese in moderation and I can have the occasional ice cream treat. If I start with daily ice cream or lattes from Starbucks I start feeling awful again. I hope you're like me and can have occasional treats of things you love without problems!!
  • kayleighadrianne
    Options
    I definitely believe in treating yourself, and I plan to! I'll be having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday and I can not wait!

I might have a donut this weekend. A glazed one shouldn't do too much harm.

I feel pretty good about my progress, so a little treat might be a good thing :)

Thanks!