Weight Loss Struggle

Options
Hello Everyone,

I need some help!!! I have doing everything to loose weight; I am exercising six days a week, running, elliptical, and walk, so far this month I have reached 44 miles just between running and doing elliptical. My calories intake is 1000 or below but the weight is not coming off and I am very frustrated. Can someone give some advice as to what I should do, becasue I really want to loose this weight

Replies

• GrayJohn
    Options
    your running that far in a week and only eating 1000 calories??? You seriously need to up your intake if your running those kinds of miles. Your body needs at least 600 more calories daily.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough calories; 1200 a day is the minimum before the body enters starvation mode. Make sure you are eating enough. I never eat back my exercise calories unless I run more than 8 miles at a time which burns approximately equivalent amount of calories as my daily caloric intake goal itself.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    How long have you been exercsing and dieting for?

Normally it can take 2 weeks for people to start seeing benefits as the body builds up a bit of muscle to support the new level of exercise. Also if you're only taking on 1000 calories a day your body might be thinking it;s being starved and so holding onto it fat reserves. I think the thing to do is gently increase activity over time whilst reducing your calorie intake but give your body time to adjust. 1000 calories a day seems very low to me.
  • oracle730
    Options
    I am by no means an expert but if you are taking in less than 1000 calories a day, your body is in starvation mode. I have been told (even on this site) that if you reduce your caloric intake to less than 1200 calories a day your body starts to conserve the fat because it thinks you might need it for the future. Try eating more calories...not going crazy and make sure they are the right kind of calories. I know that you can eat nuts for energy and they are full of good fat and calories...just watch the portion size. Don't go over your daily calorie budget but increase to about 1200 calories and keep the exercise up. That's the advice from the "non" expert. :)
  • lynzyn
    lynzyn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, eat more calories...protein, especially if u r exercising that much....I used to be like that once upon a time...The weight never came off....cause i was starving my body of valuable nutrition! Ur body needs fuel to burn just like a car and when u don't feed it enough it slows down and stops working! So add more calories to your diet like protein, especially protein ur body will need it and it makes u feel more full....

Good luck...And remember dieting is helping your body loose the extra pounds, not depriving it of valuable nutrition....U CAN DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a LOT of reading on how metabolism works and how to control hormone levels that cause and fight hunger. I have to say...All of the above is spot on perfect advice, especially the suggestions about increasing protein intake and using nuts for energy. It never fails to impress me just how knowledgeable people are in general on this forum. You guys are awesome and I have a lot of respect for those of you who realize the cerebral approach to getting healthier can be nearly as important as the brute force approach.

I would add that it also helps to spread out your caloric intake throughout the day almost as it traditional meal times do not exist.
  • meriem
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your inputs , that really helps becasue I really was thinking that since my body had enough energy to workout and do everything else, my calorie intake was enough. But, this is wrong becasue I am not seeing any results.

770653.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • meriem
    Options
    I've been dieting and exercising for a few years, but it was on and off. The end of October is when I got on track, I run everyday and watch what eat, but from everything that I read from these posts I am not eating enough. Overall since last March I lost 14 pounds, I first lost 20, gained about 10 off it back and that's when I started my diet again.

770653.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter