Need advice.

In my very first post I had stated that I have lost 36lbs. I am around 170 right now but still flabby. I have taken up a beginner workout (full body split) which consist of 9 different exercises 3 times a week. I'm wondering if I should continue this or up the number of workouts I should be doing. This workout takes me around 35-40 minutes. Wondering what is the best way to lower my body fat %. I also eat somewhat lowcarb and try to stick to under 50g a day. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 9 different excercises sounds like a great variety. You could add cardio to help with the excess weight. If your diet if off you will never lose the flab just on weight circuits alone.
  • I hope its not off. I'm staying away from as many carbs as possible. No breads or pastas or things like that. Pretty much the same thing that has gotten me to drop 36 lbs in the first place but I just seem to have stopped losing.
  • wriri7_x
    wriri7_x Posts: 94 Member
    I hope its not off. I'm staying away from as many carbs as possible. No breads or pastas or things like that. Pretty much the same thing that has gotten me to drop 36 lbs in the first place but I just seem to have stopped losing.

Hi honey, I don't want you to take this to offence but i think you should not have a carb free diet. I read this somewhere:

'Carbs are what your body uses for energy!, when it doesn't have them yes it turns in part to fat (the basis of the diet) but it also turns to lean muscle mass, you body consumes your muscles to power itself. You need to bump the carbs up, you can burn plenty of fat with carbs helping you and more importantly you'll be able to sustain muscle mass. If you had a balanced diet from the start chances are you would have maybe 1% more bodyfat now, but you would be much stronger and more muscluar, not to mention that muscle mass burns calories just by sitting there, so you would have an easier time losing the weight as well (even in your sleep) I'm glad you have results, but this isn't the best way. '

Good luck.
  • 9 exercises 2 times per week is a very good baseline. The goal for strength training is 2 - 4 days per week, covering all the major muscle groups (arms, legs, and core). Try to do that workout twice per week; and when you're ready for strength training 3 - 4 days per week, introduce a 2nd strength routine so you won't be doing the same workout 3 - 4 days per week; you can alternate between the two.
    If you're consistent on the strength training, adding any extra cardiovascular exercise possible will really accelerate your weight loss. Start by adding 1 or 2 10-minute segments of cardio between strength training exercises, or at the beginning and end of your workout. Then build those minutes up until you're doing 30 - 40 minutes/workout of cardio. Hope this helps; and good luck in your effort!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    If you are feeling pretty worn out with what you're doing then just keep at that. If you don't feel challenged, think about adding to that. Good luck!
  • I hope its not off. I'm staying away from as many carbs as possible. No breads or pastas or things like that. Pretty much the same thing that has gotten me to drop 36 lbs in the first place but I just seem to have stopped losing.

Hi honey, I don't want you to take this to offence but i think you should not have a carb free diet. I read this somewhere:

'Carbs are what your body uses for energy!, when it doesn't have them yes it turns in part to fat (the basis of the diet) but it also turns to lean muscle mass, you body consumes your muscles to power itself. You need to bump the carbs up, you can burn plenty of fat with carbs helping you and more importantly you'll be able to sustain muscle mass. If you had a balanced diet from the start chances are you would have maybe 1% more bodyfat now, but you would be much stronger and more muscluar, not to mention that muscle mass burns calories just by sitting there, so you would have an easier time losing the weight as well (even in your sleep) I'm glad you have results, but this isn't the best way. '

Good luck.

Well my diet isn't carb free. Just lower than what I was normally eating which could be upward to 100+ a day which would be a whole lot carbs turned into fat. The carbs I consume now mainly come from vegetables. I pretty much put/tried to put my body into ketosis and it seemed to work but now has come to a halt.