Eating in moderation or low calorie in huge quantities?

Options
everyone seems to be different, but i'm definitely one of those people who look for items that are the lowest calorie possible options just so i can have a serving of 4, 12, whatever, all for myself. is anyone else like this, or do you prefer eating the 'real thing' in small portions/moderation? i guess im a quantity>quality person :laugh:

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    None of the above.

I prefer to have the "real thing", in high portions, but only occasionally.

I'm not much of a snacker or a grazer, so eating large portions of small calorie foods isn't all that appealing. Occasionally I'll chow down thoroughly on some frozen green grapes, which taste like a dream.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think it depends - some days I just want to hork on like, 3 whole cucumbers because I'm in the mood to just munch on freshness. Some days, I want pasta and that I do measure out by serving so I don't overdo it for no reason. I obviously track the amount of cucumber I eat when I cut up a bunch. There are no free foods, just some that have a lot more bang for their quantitative buck haha
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Depends on what it is. For instance, I'd rather have a measured out portion size of regular ranch dressing (has to be Hidden Valley), but for Italian dressing I'm not picky and will always go with the low calorie option, so I can use more of it.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Huge quantities for sure, haha. My meals are usually around 600 calories
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's really tempting to pig out on lower cal foods - and yes, you can eat a lot of some things without taking in a lot of calories.

So, from a calorie perspective its not going to make much difference - but from a behavioural point of view, I don't think it's a good idea.

Many people (like me!) are overweight because we have bad habits, and binging on things is one of the ones I have to work to get away from. So, continuing the binging behaviour isn't doing me any favours, even if the calories aren't high.

Reasonable quantities of regular food is what I aim for - and I know that if I keep it up and do a bit of exercise along the way, I will lose weight and feel a whole lot better. The hardest thing is just keeping it up!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in learning about lower calorie options or single serve treats I can make. Small quantities of the real thing - which to me I guess now means something purchased outside or that a coworker brings to work, even if it shouldn't - don't always seem enough. It's like, where the heck's the rest of my cake?? And if there's any more left over, it gets eaten immediately. Except at work. The really good treats get gone fast :smile: