Any breakfast people?

Options
I'm a breakfast person so I always want to eat a big breakfast but then I use up my calories and I'm hungry for the rest of the day. So I've been cutting back on breakfast but I really miss it! Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am a massive breakfast person!!

I have porridge with crunchy nut peanut butter - Must be max 300 calories - I have at least 1600/1700 calories a day, Even 2,000 sometimes if I am working out.

Why do you cut it out? Make it fit into your calories?

I would NEVER cut it out - You've been asleep for like 7-9 hours with no food, Your body needs food when you wake up
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was a regular peanut butter on toast girl and like you had a problem with calories count, can you believe bread can be upto 116 cals per slice depending on make! I then opted for porridge made by the canteen but on MFP it looked like that had more calories than my toast.

I have now turned to oat so simple pots. I can take them into work, just add hot water and hay presto, breakfast for 212 calories (I have the golden syrup version) and it keeps me going until lunchtime.

Different things work for different people, I also tried jordens very berry granola breakfast which was nice, but better without the berries as I cant stand anything that changes the colour of my milk... Just keep trying and you will find something that suits.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am a massive breakfast person!!

I have porridge with crunchy nut peanut butter - Must be max 300 calories - I have at least 1600/1700 calories a day, Even 2,000 sometimes if I am working out.

Why do you cut it out? Make it fit into your calories?

I would NEVER cut it out - You've been asleep for like 7-9 hours with no food, Your body needs food when you wake up

And never give it up - Breakfast is literally just that, breaking the fast that your body is in from the night before.
    The consumption of an early morning snack increases the metabolic rate (how fast you burn calories) and kick starts your body into gear, telling it what to expect the rest of the day. If breakfast isn't had, your body doesn't process your next meal as quickly and tries to hold onto those nutrients. Since it didn't get any morning fuel, it tries to hold onto the afternoon meal as long as possible — instead of burning it right away.
  • Scrambled eggs whites in a small baked sweet potato with chillies and herbs? CARB and PROTEIN breakfast but don't forget about your healthy fats later on! under 200 CALORIES for that beauty!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I was a huge breakfast person, but now I opt for Branflakes mixed in with a yoghurt Monday - Friday and then on the weekend I merge it into Brunch; so can have eggs, toast, bacon etc as I have 2 meals worth of calories to use up.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big breakfast person. Half the reason I workout is so I can eat more through the rest of the day! I like oatmeal and a smoothie preworkout, then a chocolate protein shake with almond milk immediately after. It's still pretty high at around 600 calories, but I get a ton of my fiber, protein, vitamin a, vitamin c, calcium, and potassium. So I don't mind it as long as I get a great workout in!
  • DavinaS85
    DavinaS85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive realized over the years that trying to get to a good healthy weight has so much to do with breakfast. I used to think sipping breakfast was best, after some time i noticed this led to over eating in the evenings. Then i opted for bad breakfasts... bagels, peanut butter on toast etc... and i always had an energy slump mid morning.

Now though, i have an Oats so simple porridge sachet made with water, half a red grapefruit, and a coffee. This has really aided me in weight loss with a good sustainable energy level all morning. The grapefruit before the porridge gets everything moving in the mornings if you know what i mean! lol! But its good to be regular :)