I'm new!

Options
Someone referred me to this site, and so far it's great! I'm a married mom and just recently celebrated my 30th birthday. I live in a small town outside of Edmonton, Alberta and am hoping to get some more inspiration from this forum to reach my weightloss goals. I joined a local boot camp in May 2010, 3x a week & have been doing it since.

While I have seen results from bootcamp, I think my eating is really hindering me from reaching my goal. Hoping to find some fresh ideas on meal plans & possibly learn how to cook in the process.....

Replies

• rstone30
    Options
    Hi,

I am someone who is naturally slim, so I have never had to worry about exercising. Now that I am getting a bit older, I have gained some weight and lost stamina. I am excited to learn to eat healthier and work out in order to be healthy.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Welcome! It's great that you started the Boot camp already! It's a very useful site and it has supported a lot of people through their health journey.

I'm with you on learning how to cook, and healthy meals at that.

Happy Turkey Day!!!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ! all the best for for a healthier journey !
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome!
    It's great to see more fellow Canadians here :)
    I lived in Edmonton last year and it wasn't the place for me. I'm a small town East Coast girl .. LOL
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi! welcome to MFP! I'm canadian too although I moved to the States this past summer :tongue: Good luck with your goals! I'm impressed about the boot camp thing...never had the courage to join one!