2»

Replies

• EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    So sorry! But also thanks for the giggle... :tongue:
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    A migraine will do it too, I lost 600gr in 6hours.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It's ridiculous to try & patent this diet... and especially to try and profit from it!

Anyone can order a large fried rice at their local Chinese restaurant for $8.99. Then all you have to do is: eat half, accidentally leave it out all night, someone else sees it sitting out and puts it in the fridge in the morning, and then unknowingly you eat the rest for lunch. Not that this has ever happened to me, IJS... it's a cheap way to lose a couple of pounds very quickly. Your idea is nothing new and not worthy of a patent, so stop trying to come up with a cool name so you can swindle people with your "diet"!

Be safe out there ;)
  • licorice_tea
    licorice_tea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning is only suitable for those looking to lose small amounts of weight, and once finished, dieters inevitably return to their non-vomiting ways and gain it all back. Might I recommend instead Tuberculosis, a solid lifestyle change.

:wink:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for the OP...
    Last April I contracted some sort of bug/infection and had those issues for over a week, lost 22lbs.
    It was not pleasant...

22lbs? Yikes, that sounds scary.

Indeed, my Dr. wasn't to happy with it either, the bad part is that I was camping that week and getting weaker and weaker all the time. On the way home I called the Dr. to make an emergency appointment, when I got there my Doc pretty much chewed my *kitten* (we get along well so I didn't punch him, LoL). I did tell him that one of the guys I was with was a medic and we had a serious conversation about him giving me some IV fluids if I got any worse.
    I don't advise anyone to do what I did but I knew if I fell out I had some good backup so I wasn't to worried...
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    DA Dada DAAAAAAAA Norovirus!
  • samijdkl
    samijdkl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i had glandular fever (mono) after xmas this year while sleeping 18 hrs per day i managed to lose 10lbs in 10 days only regaining 3lbs but since no matter what i eat and how much i exercise i cant lose a lb
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Next time someone asks for advice regarding a cleanse on the forums I'm totally linking to this thread.
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been that sick twice. Once 10 years ago when I visited Florida (sorry, Florida). I came home sick and could not keep food down for a month. I lost 25lbs! I did put about 10 back on the next month, and the rest (and more) went back on over time. It was the worst month of my life.

The 2nd time was food poisoning on the first day of a 3 week vacation in California. I was in bed for 3 days. I have no idea how much weight I lost, but I had to go and buy a belt to keep up my jeans. I had put it back on by the time I got home...LOL.

I am sure everyone has had a moment in front of the mirror thinking "I would do anything....' but being sick is so bad for your body. I would not wish it on anyone.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    My bladder holds 2.2lbs.
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My bladder holds 2.2lbs.

I wish my bladder would hold more than a teaspoon full at a time, then I wouldn't need to go so often...LMAO